Chapter 12

"So what are your Christmas plans?" Kuroo asked.  You were sitting in his office a few days later eating lunch and holidays were starting soon. "Visiting family?"

"Something like that," you yawned.

Knock knock.

"Come in," Kuroo replied as a coworker of yours entered.

"You know boss, I think you should give up on Y/N. I don't think she's interested," he said as he handed Kuroo some papers.

"He's right," you teased, getting up to whisper nonsense in his ear. It was funny seeing Kuroo bothered.

"You're both getting weekend duty if you don't stop," he frowned as your coworker walked out. "What are you giggling for?" he said, irritated. "I still don't get why you want to keep us secret."

"You don't get it," you got up and threw your finished lunch away. A relationship with your superior wouldn't hurt Kuroo's own reputation, but yours instead.

"What don't I get?" he grabbed your wrist and pulled you in. You bit your lip. "You know I'm tired of your games this week."

"Games?" you asked, confused.

You'd were naive to think keeping your relationship secret with someone like Kuroo would be easy. You both found yourselves double checking every action and word in public so others wouldn't find out about you.

You didn't blame him for being so irritated, but you didn't know where these "games" you were playing came from.

"Don't act stupid," he scoffed. "You've been flirting around the office all week," he frowned.

"Flirting?" You could tell he'd been irritated but now he was acting downright paranoid.

"You talk to them all the time," he frowned.

"Excuse me? They're my coworkers, it's my job. Do you really think that little of me?" you asked quietly, breaking away from his grasp. "Why would I care about other guys when you're the only one I like? Or at least thought I liked."

"Wait, Y/N," he grabbed your shoulder as you started walking away.

Let's see how he'll apologize for this, you thought.

You were surprised when he planted a kiss on your neck instead, leaving a noticeable mark. You were frozen in surprise; you kept waiting for an apology but he never said anything.

Kuroo instantly regretted his actions. He wanted so badly for everyone to know he was yours and you were his, he didn't think before acting. It'd barely been a week and he'd already messed up.

You stared at him in disbelief, covering the spot on your neck. "You're an absolute idiot, boss. That's not what you're supposed to do," you muttered as you walked out, holding back tears.

You immediately took your phone out and called Kyoka. "Bathroom. Now," you told her.

"Be there in 5."

"I'm gonna be sick," you groaned, hovering over the sink as Kyoka entered the bathroom.

"What's going on?" she asked urgently.

"I totally messed up," you sank to the floor on your knees. "Kuroo isn't a good person."

"Y/N, tell me what happened."

"H-he's crazy, like the possessive type," you buried your face in your hands. "He thinks I'm flirting with my coworkers and wants me to stop talking to them. Is he stupid? I can't. It's my job."

"You? Flirting?" Kyoka laughed. "If anything you treat them like brothers. He's being paranoid."

"But he doesn't trust me at all. If anything, I'm the one who should be worried. It's not like he ever completely turns down the girls that flirt with him," you rambled on.

"I think this is something you need to talk to him about. Did you say anything earlier?"

"I tried, but instead of apologizing he gave me this," you pointed to the mark on your neck.

Kyoka shook her head. "He's so tone deaf when it comes to you," she sighed. "How about I tell Oikawa to talk to him?"

"I could care less," you got up, walking to the door.

"I know that's not how you really feel," Kyoka said, reaching for your arm. "Relationships are rocky but it's all about talking with—"

She couldn't finish her sentence before you closed the door behind you.

You and Kuroo both couldn't help it—neither of you thought things through in the heat of the moment.