| 4 |

▬▬ four; the flower

▬▬ four; the flower.
⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

HARRY POTTER HAD always found some sort of comfort in this room even though you were constantly watched by the portraits around the walls and ghosts of past presents. It was something about the constant silence, the soothing sound of the clock's ticking and then the familiar scent of mint mixed with the smell from the burning fireplace.

 "Oh Harry, you got my message?" Dumbledore announced as he saw the boy. "Come in. How are you?"

"I'm fine, sir," Harry answered with a polite smile and walked up to the headmaster sitting by his desk.

"Enjoying your classes? I know Professor Slughorn is most impressed with you."

"I think he overestimates my abilities, sir."

"Do you?"

"Definitely," the boy nodded and they both chuckled.

Dumbledore leaned back in his chair. "What about your activities outside the classroom?"

"Sir?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows confused.

"Well, I notice you've spent a great deal of time with Miss Granger. I can't help wondering if—"

"Oh, no, no, I mean... She's brilliant and we're friends. But no."

"Forgive me. I was only being curious." The man stayed silent and Harry couldn't help but wonder why he wouldn't ask about him and Lauren. Before last year they spent very much time together. "But enough chit-chat. You must be wondering why I summoned you here tonight."

Harry nodded and followed Dumbledore back into his office. There stood a what looked like a birdcage, only it was made in glass and filled with layers of small bottles of a shimmering white liquid inside. 

"The answer lies here. What you're looking at are memories," he explained and grabbed one of the bottles and held it in front of Harry. "In this case, pertaining to one individual: Voldemort. Or as he was known, then: Tom Riddle. This vial contains the most sufficient memory. On the day I first met him."

Harry was hesitant about what he was supposed to do with this information. The name brought up memories and fears inside him, too many memories than anyone would like.

"I'd like you to see it. If you want," Dumbledore said quietly as they stood by the Pensieve. 

Harry thought for a moment before nodding in agreement. He wanted to be stronger than Voldemort and so he had to understand him.

"How'd you do, Tom?" A sight younger version of Dumbledore asked the stiff boy sitting in a small room. It looked like the place Lauren was put in after the incident at the ministry.