| 11 |

▬▬ eleven; the field of flowers

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

"TO ATTAIN A certain proficiency, then you must let all those things you dwell about just slip away," Dimitri said. "Doing magic is more than moving your wand, Lauren. It is the ability to sort reality and your perspectives apart. A full bag can never accomplish its purpose."

As she stood outside his house staring out at the endless field of flowers she took in his words carefully so that she not only would remember them both also understand them. Why he was speaking like a poet was very blurry to her but that was one of the many things she would have to stop thinking about. She tried to clear her head of thoughts she didn't need, memories that were useless right now and raised her wand.

He interrupted her actions with a loud groan, "You have not let go yet, Lauren! Gather the things you dwell about and let your grasp around them go."

She tried again, mentally rolling her eyes, and inhaled deeply. This time, she was sure her focus was on this training session and nothing else still, this man was unsatisfied. "Drop it, go back inside and found yourself something to do while I clean the garden."

"Wait!" She stopped him in his tracks, "What are you talking about?"

"You cannot achieve control of your powers if you cannot control your own mind."

Lauren stayed quiet because he was right. This stranger had figured her out faster than she had. The things she has to let go of is the things she can't change. Her memories that she wished so badly were just nightmares was never leaving her conscious even though she had been better at blocking them out.

"Your father could be inside your head right now watching your every movement and you wouldn't have a clue because you're too busy being in the past."

She straightened her back, "He's not my father. And I have control," which was a complete lie but she wanted to be enough.

"You're not ready. Go back home," Dimitri said through gritted teeth and disappointment written all over his face.

"I am ready," she argued.

"So, if I ask you to kill yourself right here right now would you hesitate?" His sudden outburst caught her off guard and even when she had understood his words she stayed quiet, "Just like I thought. That's what you have to prepare for, Lauren. You don't need to use your wand, you don't even need it. If you want to you can do it all with your mind. But this battle that you are facing, is not about power. It's about having nothing in sight except for death."

She inhaled deeply and her eyes searched between her surroundings while she was fighting back tears. Lauren felt exposed, vulnerable, and absolute shit.

Dimitri clearly saw her upset state and softened his anger and spoke less aggressive now, "I cannot ask you to fulfil your purpose, and you don't have to. But if you want to, I am here to help you settle."