| 20 |

▬▬ twenty; the deathly hallows

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

ALL MORNING LAUREN had been filled in with the trio's recent adventures looking for Horcruxes. They had found the real berlock after a dangerous plan sneaking into the ministry. Lauren wished so badly she could've been there with them. It was not a surprise to the girl though when they said the group had split up for a bit. Apparently, Ron had been so pissed off and took off, leaving Hermione and Harry to go to Godric's Hollow alone. Eventuelly they had found their way back and with the help of the Gryffindor sword that Horocrux was now destroyed.

Lauren didn't want them to look for Horcruxes, she wanted them to help her commit her sacrifice.

"We don't know where the next one is," Hermione then sighed. She then took up a book and showed me a mark. It looked like a symbol. It was a triangle with a circle in it. "We're going to Xenophilius Lovegood to find out more about this symbol. I think it means something and it's the only lead we have for now."

Lauren nodded and looked at Harry. He knew very well that this was not approved by Lauren, that she didn't want them to keep going on this journey.

"Are you tagging along or you got..." Ron said and glanced at Draco before looking back at Lauren, clearing his throat, "other things to do."

Lauren turned her head to see Draco sitting by the side of the tent just looking down at the ground while inspecting his wand.

The brunette sighed and shook her head, "I don't think you should go to Lovegood. Gives me bad feelings."

Her friends trusted her gut since she always had a good sense of danger coming around. Harry wouldn't just give up this easily. He grabbed ahold of Lauren and pulled her with him further away to discuss the real matter which the other two didn't know about. Mainly because Lauren didn't want Hermione to have that burden of knowing what had to happen.

When the two had gotten out of the other's hearing, he let go of her arm.

"I don't care what you say, we are going to find the Horcruxes," he said firmly.

Lauren glared at him, "I can't let you do it that way when there's one much easier and safer."

"Safer?! You sacrificing yourself is not safer, Lauren!"

"You don't know what I know, Harry," she exclaimed. "It has to be me, you don't get it."

"Then tell me for God's sake. How can it be a better way to let you kill yourself than to find these Horcruxes?" Harry said frustrated. "Dumbledore wanted me to go after them, he told me to go after them. He believed we could do it so let's."

Lauren shook her head and fought back actual tears of frustration that he wouldn't do as she said. "I've seen things, Harry. I can't even explain the people I've met and what my father has shown me—"

"He's not your father," Harry interrupted.

She ignored him and continued, "You just have to trust me. We have to do it my way."

"And what does your boyfriend think about that, hm?"

Lauren pushed Harry a bit because she was getting angry with how arrogant he was being. "Draco is not my boyfriend, and it doesn't matter what he, you, or anyone else thinks because this has been decided. It was written the moment my mother died. She started the sacrifice and I have to finish it!"

To this, Harry had to stay silent. He didn't give up, but he didn't know how to continue this argument after that information.

He shrugged his shoulders, "This is pointless."

Lauren sighed, "Fastest wins."

Harry almost started crying when he looked up at Lauren again. He diverted his eyes and started to pace in a circle, he was panicking. 

"Lauren, please, don't do this. I... This is too much."

She grabbed his hand, making him stop to look at her again. "Harry, I want this. I want to prove everyone wrong. That even though I have his blood I'm not him. Let me save you."

As they held that eye contact for a few minutes, and as he took in her every word carefully afraid it'll be her last, he opened his mouth and stated what he had figure out by now, "I won't be able to talk you out of it, and I can't lock you up. But I won't give up my search, just in case I'm faster."

It was a sad smile that Lauren gave her friend before leaving him to take a few breaths alone. She walked over to Hermione, engulfing her in a tight hug before giving Ron one as well. She stared at them both, ignoring their confused questions and walked over to Draco.

She grabbed his hand and made him furrow his eyebrows. Lauren looked over at her three friends. 

"I love you," she said. As their surroundings slowly changed and her friends slowly faded away she saw Hermione falling to her knees crying as Harry held onto her shoulders. She hated that she didn't let them have a longer goodbye. But if they had, Lauren would feel even heavier about leaving.