| 18 |

▬▬ eighteen; the young blooming love

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

a few years ago...

"Draco?" The girl whispered as she walked through the forest just outside the school grounds. It was dark but she wasn't scared of the darkness, it almost made her excited. She wore a playful smile on her face as she spotted the blonde boy sitting by the edge of the forest on a rock. He was locking out at the lake in the distance. Hagrid's cottage wasn't far from this look-out point.

When he didn't notice her approaching she smirked. She sneaked up behind him before launching her small body at him, making them both fall over and land harshly on the ground. She couldn't stop laughing when he had reacted with a high-pitched scream.

He landed on top of her and quickly removed himself and glared at her. She just laid there on the ground wheezing with laughter trying to catch her breath.

"Not funny," he stated, although the sight of Lauren like this made him crack up. He tried to hide the blush and smile creeping upon him.

When Lauren gathered herself she sat up. The moonlight touched her skin gently and made it glow. Her hair was a bit messy but the way it so softly touched her shoulders and a few small strands of her hair resting on her forehead made him drawn to her.

"You scream like a girl," she giggled.

The boy rolled his eyes and looked away.

She walked up to sit next to him, "You wanna know what Mione told me?"

Draco shrugged and Lauren explained what her friend had told her, "That she thinks I have a secret admirer. She catch you staring at me sometimes."

He blushed furiously and looked around, trying to steady his gaze at anything but her eyes. Lauren just laughed, oblivious to his reaction and Hermione's observations.

"I... I was just," he said. "You had something on your face."

"Oh, I did now?"

He nodded and looked at her. He pointed to her nose, "Right there. All-day long. Your nose was humongous."

She grabbed onto her nose, "I had not! Anyways, are you excited for the third year?"

He shrugged again and drew a hand over his gelled back hair. "I suppose."

Lauren knew Draco well enough to know that he wasn't a master at delivering his feelings, especially not when they weren't happy feelings. She nudged him in the shoulder making him break his gaze from the lake and look at her.

"I am very excited. Ced told me that we'll be allowed to visit Hogsmeade."

"Yeah, that'll be fun," he said with a smile. "We could go down on the weekends and eat... If we, you, I mean want to."