Why him?

Alix threw all her camping stuff in a bag. She was excited, a whole week in the outdoors, swimming, kiyaking, competing, biking, telling ghost stories around the campfire, late night nature walks, s'mores.

She'd get to enjoy all of that and more with her whole class for a full 7 days.

Everything seemed to be looking up for Alix till she realized who she was paired to sit by, camp by, and be together at all times while camping for safety. She rlly hoped this was a nightmare and she'd wake up soon. Kim.

No anyone but him. Seriously she would have been more grateful to be paired with Chloe.

She saw that just about everyone was paired one girl and one boy. Adrien and Marinette. Nino and Alya. Ivan and Mylene. Sabrina and Max. Nathaniel and Juleka. Chloe and Luka. (He wanted to come to watch out for his sister) and Rose and Prince Ali. (idk why he came) were paired together and ofc her and Kim.

All her friends seemed to be paired with people they liked except for her. And it's not that she truly despised Kim she just didn't want to spend the whole week together in the same tent.

She thought it was strange they didn't let the students bring their own tents so they could be separated but who was she to judge?

She folded her paper with her assigned camping spot number. When they arrived after a rlly annoying chat/argument with Kim she was glad their camping spot seemed secluded and private and surrounded by lots of trees.

She smiled at the scenery then looked over to see Kim doing the same. She took in the silence cuz any second now "K- hey Alix?" To late. "Yeah?" I hardly glanced over to him while I was reading the camp rules.

"Did you grab the tent?" "Yeah here." I chucked it at him and he caught it effortlessly. Then I chucked him the instructions which he caught not as effortlessly.

I read through the instructions as he set up the tent. "WHAT??!!!!" Kim looked at me with a raised eyebrow in suspicion. "What's up Alix?"

"I can't use my roller blades!!" I had my knees tucked up to my chest as I was trying to hold the tears back. No way I could go a whole week without skating!

"It won't be so bad Alix it's just a week." I turned and growled at Kim. He didn't know what skating meant to me.

"Whoa sry Ariel!" The ends of my lips threatened to point upward as he used that old nickname.

"Ugh. You don't know what skating means to me. But it's fine I'm sure I'll be fine."

He nodded and gave me a reassuring smile and went back to the tent. It's like he knew not to bother me or he'd end up in the emergency room.

I kept skimming through the rules not finding anything else that interesting. When I looked up Kim had finished the tent and had gotten firewood and was starting to light it. He must have been as excited to go camping as me.

As we finished getting set up I wondered how the others were doing. But I brushed those thoughts away.

Instead I stuck a marshmallow on a stick and roasted it. After eating it I hadn't realized I had managed to get some of it in my pink hair.

Until Kim tried to pry it out of my hair that is. "What are you doing?!!" "Trying to get the marshmallow out of your hair if you could hold still!!"

I crossed my arms and frowned at him. As he wiped the marshmallow out of my hair I tapped my foot in impatience.

"Do you ever comb your hair?"

I scoffed at that. "Only when necessary, I don't care how I look, only how I preform."

He seemed to disagree but decided not to mention at the moment. And was I thankful for that. I was tired from the long annoying ride and all I wanted to do was sleep.

My eyelids became heavy and I found Kim shaking me awake. "Huh?" "Here come on you look exhausted you go to bed."

"No not yet you meathead I'm not *yawn* tired." "Uh huh clearly."

Suddenly he picked me up and I kicked and thrashed trying to get him to let me go.

"What's wrong with you meathead!!"

He set me down in the tent and left and I crossed my arms annoyed but I still laid down on my small air mattress and fell asleep.

——————————
Hi guys! Thanks for bearing with me, so what do you guys think? I should have the next chapter up in a little bit so don't worry. This is going to be so much fun! This is my first story btw so no hate plz! To me or anyone else! Jesus loves you!