two.

♡ 태꾹︴angel boy내 사랑

♡ 태꾹︴angel boy
내 사랑 . . . such a soft spirit ♡ *.゚⋆

it was too loud for him. the obnoxiousness of the ones around him and the lack of authority to constrain students acting out and not behaving the way they should have been. it was also this same lack of authority that had him sitting in the back with headphones in and eyes down at the book on his desk, reading the words and not bothering with what was around him.

jungkook turned the page of his literature book, reaching up to play with one of his black gauges as he kept on reading. he's been doing this in every class, not listening to much of his instructors since he had gone ahead and already read the syllabus for each subject and gotten the needed material. it made things easier than way, already knowing what was coming. he liked to be prepared.

the song ended and another started, dark eyes still focusing on words stuck to the paper ⏤ but they came alive in his mind, a little world of its own that he wished he could live in too. this one wasnt nice enough.

all of a sudden he saw the kids in his class getting up and rushing for the door, thats when the music turned to loud voices as he tugged out his headphone and looked around at the classroom quickly emptying.

"pack up son," his teacher was talking to him now, "everyones heading for the pep rally now."

no words left the small boys mouth as he stood from his desk and adjusted the baggy sweater over his shoulders. it was long enough to reach his thighs, ending there to show the light colored jeans and sneakers he wore. jungkook held his book in his arms and walked out to the hallway, seeing everyone head in the same direction.

jungkook headed for his locker instead. to him he wasnt that excited for this pep rally. it was a bunch of dumb jocks and even dumber girls wearing little clothes and having little respect for themselves. he could miss out on that and be perfectly fine.

"jungkook!" he knew that voice from anywhere. he also knew it was the only thing that would have him actually going to this thing. "how was your first day?" his best friend, yeji, asked.

she had her hair in high ponytail, backpack straps clutched tight as she fell into step beside the small boy. "it was okay."

"come on we gotta get good seats." yeji took the boys hand and pulled him on, the opposite direction of his locker and along with the stream. he followed along and held onto his book, making sure not to get lost in the sea of students. yeji held on tight and was talking about something to do with the cheerleaders new uniforms, but jungkook couldn't hear her with everything going on around them.

they found a spot on the bleachers about half way up the middle set. everyone was sectioned off by sports teams or class. the two of them sitting in the sophomore section.

jungkook looked around and heard the band playing some rally music to get everyone excited for this last hour at school. he saw the cheerleaders down on the basketball court doing a little routine in new skirts that somehow seemed to get shorter every year and show off their slim legs. yeji was staring too, her eyes somewhat sparkling in amazement. "god i want to be a rally girl so bad." she said.

"you want to be randomly placed and basically owned by a jock for the season?" jungkook said to her, seeing the way she rolled her eyes at him.

"its more than that." she started to say, but her friend has heard this more than once already. "i'd kill to be a cheerleader, theyre so pretty and nice and i'd get to bake cookies and wear one of the football players jerseys." she went on and on.

jungkook still didnt get it. to him it was weird and would most likely stay that way in his mind. "do you ever think the other teams feel left out, since this town only cares about football." his question never got to get answered, because the principal stood up form his seat and got the microphone.

"welcome to the first pep rally of the school year!" another round of cheering was heard and the football players even stood up to whoop some more. jungkook rolled his eyes and played with his tiny gauge in the meantime, twisting it around and around ⏤ almost imagining the hands of the clock doing the same thing, so time would go faster and this thing could be over.

"i'd like to welcome coach kim, he's here for his third year coaching our football team and we know he will lead this school into another season ending in a championship." the principal said into the microphone, setting it down now to clap as the coach stood with his cap on and politely waving to the crowd of students.

coach kim got the mic and nodded, "i'm grateful to be back coaching another year and i know these boys will bring it home. we got a lot of work to do and i hope to see everyone at the game friday night supporting." the coach said thank you again, ending his short speech and already heading back to his chair. the football team was cheering again for their coach, some hollering out and even standing to get everyone else to cheer too.

jungkook sighed and stuck his headphone in, looking for that world again to disappear into.

"okay hawks!" it was one of the cheerleaders with the mic now, smiling wide and voice high pitched as she spoke. "how about we get this rally started!" she was answered with a bunch of claps, and soon the football players were all out on the court as well and someone rolled out a bin of jerseys.

"soojin youre first." the same cheerleader had said, smiling at one of her friends from the squad getting up to pull a jersey from the bin. it had a number 7 on it as she held it up with a smile and wave at the crowd.

the football player whos jersey that was stood up too and clapped, "you see that, she's mine! lets go." he gave her a hug once they met and soon she was wearing the jersey and joining the rest of the cheerleaders to see which player they got.

this went on until each football player had a rally girl for the season. "did your sister lose weight? she looks good." yeji said, seeing the head cheerleader wearing the jersey of her player.

jungkook looked up and shrugged, pretending like he didnt care that much. he still looked, seeing the way the jersey looked big on her small frame and her pretty legs. he shrugged again. "maybe." was all he ended up saying.

"i have to go to the bathroom." jungkook said, picking up his things and standing. there was still a lot of the pep rally left, and technically school wasnt over yet. it didnt matter yet, not to the young ravenette.

he walked down the bleachers and went out the side door, heading straight for the school gates. no one would notice him leave, not when every student and staff was at the pep rally. jungkook held onto his backpack tighter, sticking both headphones into his ears as he walked to his father's house.

that day he made sure to take the long way home.

────────────────────────────