three.

♡ 태꾹︴the past내 사랑

♡ 태꾹︴the past
내 사랑 . . . a pain so familiar ♡ *.゚⋆

the red car was already there when the boy saw his house come into view. his dark eyes peeked over the hedge lining their white fence, seeing the lights on inside and knowing they were there too. with sneakers walking lightly on the sidewalk, jungkook ignore the little trickle of sweat going down the center of his back and tugged the sleeves of his hoodie down over his hands as he walked up the driveway.

his sister got home before him, meaning she didnt wait long after the pep rally to see if he needed a ride or not. that was fine, he tended to leave first or not want to wait and watch cheer practice after his last class.

the front door didnt creak anymore when he slowly opened it, pausing for a second once inside to catch his breath and close his eyes for a second. "there you are."

jungkooks eyelashes fluttered open at the sound of his fathers voice coming into the foyer. "did anything interest you today son." mr. jeon asked, arms crossed and beady eyes staring so directly at the small boy. jungkook knew what he was talking about, since it was kind of a part of the deal.

"im still looking." he stated simply.

"football would be the best choice." mr. jeon started on a lecture that his son had heard many times already. of course he already knew what sport his father wanted him to play. "your sister cheers while you practice and you'll have something to do after your schoolwork. we can work on those muscles too." he knew his dad was looking at his body now, how his arms and legs looked nothing like most high school boys.

jungkook tried not to make a face at that. his arms were big enough already. "im going to do homework." he mumbled, walking past his dad and the kitchen where he saw his sister. she was baking what looked like cookies, perfect circles with the perfect amount of chocolate chips on each one. everything she did was perfect and she managed to look perfect while doing it. they were probably for her football player, bring them in tomorrow and put them in his locker.

"do you want one?" mirae asked the small ravenette.

he shook his head and didnt move the hair from his face when he did. "im okay." he ignored the grumble of his stomach and headed for his room where he could shut the door and pretend to do homework until his dad left for work. that would be any minute, and it had jungkook sitting on his bed in silence until he heard the man say goodbye to his daughter, probably kissing her on the head and promising to be back earlier again tonight.

he wouldnt be, which was fine. jungkook preferred it like that. there was less of a chance of his dad coming in and talking to him about football again.

instead it would be his sister ⏤ sometimes that was worse. jungkook barely got to lay in bed for barely an hour when he heard that door squeak open, even that slight smell of chocolate chip cookies was still evident.

"hey, you awake?" mirae asked. her brothers room was too dark to see if his eyes were open, the only light coming from a couple lava lamps on his desk and the glow in the dark stickers he stuck to his wall. "mhm." jungkook hummed.

"i brought you some anyways, i saw there were no more of those vegetarian buffalo nuggets you usually buy in the freezer." mirae walked in and set the plate on the table beside the boys bed. jungkook rolled over and looked up at his sister, "i couldve found something to eat." he told her.

mirae stared back too and tried not to frown too much. "you could have just said thank you." she said instead.

"thanks mirae." the younger rolled back and pulled up his covers more to his shoulders, feeling more goosebumps rise on his limbs. his sister sighed again and headed for the door, closing it with a soft click and leaving the boy in the dark again.

no homework got done and the cookies were on the plate until the next morning. jungkook made sure to take some nyquil after his sister left so he could knock out. that way any more interruptions would be met with soft snores and no response from the ravenette.

he rolled over the next morning when his alarm went off at 5 am. it was only tuesday. there was still the entire week to get through.

the house was quiet when he woke up , hearing the squeak from his door and wincing at how loud it seemed. jungkook started his shower to let it get hot until steam fogged the mirror while he could get something to fill his stomach in the meantime.

the cookies ended up in the trash and jungkook took a diet coke bottle from the fridge. he chugged most of it on the way back to his room, leaving the bottle open on his dresser while he went to shower and get ready for school. it only took ten minutes, washing his hair and body so he smelled like strawberries on his walk.

he made sure to leave before anyone else woke up, shoving on his sneakers and holding onto his coke carefully as he opened the front door and headed out. the sun was barely up and made it feel a little chilly outside. jungkook mentally complimented himself for wearing another hoodie to keep warm as he walked to school.

it didnt matter that he left early, the walk was long enough to let others wake and leave at a normal time. jungkook watched his sneakers take steps in the dirt road while he walked, hearing cars pass occasionally and soon the loud voices of students already filling the school yard.

he even saw his sisters red car parking once the dirt road turned to concrete under his shoes. jungkook sat down on a bench outside the front of the school, waiting for the late bell before he had no other choice but to head to homeroom. he took out the book for that class, opening up to where he bookmarked it last.

"mirae!" some girl yelled. it was a group of them in their cheerleaders outfits, as if they really had no other clothes to wear to school.

jungkook looked up and saw his sister getting out of her car and smiling wide at her friends coming up to her. they all hugged and squealed about something and some showed off what they brought to put in the football players lockers.

she had her cookies with her, plastic wrapped with a little pink ribbon holding them together. mirae locked her car and started walking with the girls, her brother looking over and no longer reading.

they made eye contact briefly, and mirae simply glanced away and kept walking. he didnt expect anything less than that, they were in public now. it made sense for her to behave like everyone else not wanting to seem friendly with the boy that should sin no more.

────────────────────────────