ten.

♡ 태꾹︴detach내 사랑

♡ 태꾹︴detach
내 사랑 . . . from what destroys you ♡ *.゚⋆

the windows were full of mannequins and tables displaying items meant to draw them in. it worked well, considering the cars lining the lots and the various bags hanging on elbows from overspending. the mall was a popular place for students to go to after school, especially since there was a party coming up that friday.

"how about this?" woosung tried on another hat, this time a fedora. "i think it complements my angles."

taehyung was leaning against the wall, arms crossed loosely over his chest as he rose an eyebrow at his friends remark. "sure dude." he said.

"what are you going to wear?" woosung asked, putting the hat back on the rack and continuing to look for an outfit. he glanced over his shoulder at his friend briefly, seeing the quarterback shrug, "something from my closet." taehyung said.

his friend simply hummed, "maybe something yellow," woosung suggested, "since that color is so nice."

taehyung wasnt expecting that reply, making him narrow his eyes slightly at the other male. "whats that suppose to mean." he said. it was woosungs turn to shrug now, "maybe it means you should watch what you say, especially to him. people could get the wrong idea."

he knew exactly who woosung was referring to. that didnt mean it didnt start to piss taehyung off with how vague everything was. he still didnt understand the big problem with wanting to make a friend out of someone that seemed to have none.

"and what wrong idea would that be?" taehyung asked.

they passed the hats and woosung didnt seem to want to try on any more fedoras. he sighed and ran a hand through his head, "i dont know, like he rubbed off on you or something." woosung said.

"you dont even know him-"

"i know he's gay." woosung cut him off quick ⏤ and it worked.

taehyung had no idea what to say to that, or what to think. to say he was shocked would be an understatement. the idea of that never crossed his mind. he simply figured the boy was different, dressed how he pleased and did what he wanted just because. "so?" good one taehyung.

"so?" woosung scoffed. "so." he mumbled it again, more to himself. "just cut it off now, its going to ruin your career. no college is going to want you if you get mixed up with someone like that."

it was like a switch, the way woosung suddenly grinned and clapped his hands. "we need to get to the food court before the lines get too long and we miss the pretzels." he didnt even wait for taehyung to respond or check if he was following. woosung continued to talk on and on while he walked out of the small shop and towards the food court.

taehyung followed like a shadow, recognizing some kids from school and bumping knuckles with some of the guys. he wasnt hungry any more, the smell of the food court wasnt helping either.

"you getting anything?" woosung asked, already in line for his pretzel. taehyung shook his head and shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans, looking around the place casually. he didnt mean to recognize anyone, or spot someone that seemed to occupy his mind a lot now ⏤ moreso right now then he would have liked.

the little ravenette was sitting across from the girl he's usually hanging out with, her hair pulled back tight as always and eyes squeezed shut tight as she rambled with a grin.

taehyung stared at the boy, seeing the way jungkook sat so nicely in a big hoodie with sleeve-covered hands holding onto his drink. he looked at his friend so intently as she spoke, eyes big and bright and occasionally reaching up to cover his mouth when he giggled at something she said.

he thought it would be different, looking at jungkook and feeling different about him now that taehyung knows what he knows.

but that was far from true. nothing was different.

"okay im ready lets go." woosung said it with a mouthful, mustard at the corners of his lips from the dipping sauce.

taehyung hummed, about to look away ⏤ just when bambi eyes met his, looking just as bright as usual whenever he looked at the boy. jungkook blinked, feeling the stir in his stomach when he saw the handsome athlete.

the pretty swirl turned sour when taehyung looked away, saying something to his football friend beside him as they left. jungkook didnt realize he had gotten used to the kind eyes and nice smiles sent his way, not until it didnt happen. it was weird seeing him just leave.

jungkook did not like it at all.

"-so i ended up deciding on this shade, since its lighter and looks better with an olive skin tone." yeji was still letting him in on her beauty hack secrets, "and putting this gloss over it just makes it pop you know." she didnt even realize her friend had zoned out.

"any shade looks pretty on you yeji." jungkook said it, smiling small to hide the frown that was there seconds ago, "you dont even need any at all." he added. yeji's cheeks turned the same color as her new lip gloss.

as much as she wanted to hand it over, give it to her best friend since she knew how much he'd enjoy it ⏤ she didnt. she knew he'd appreciate it too, more afraid of being caught with it rather than being afraid of never enjoying things he'd like.

"come on, we should get going." yeji smiled, throwing the makeup back into the small shopping bag and getting up. jungkook nodded and finished off the rest of his soda before throwing it into the trash. "do you want a box for that? you barely touched it?" yeji asked, pointing at the noodles her friend had gotten.

jungkook shook his head and threw those out too, "they were cold."

"okay, lets go." yeji said with a smile, leading the way out to her car from the front of the mall doors.

she threw the bags of makeup and skirts into the backseat and unlocked the door for her friend to get into the passenger seat. "alright dj lets go." she said, starting up the engine and rolling down the windows. jungkook smiled, already getting to hit the buttons and tune the station to the one they liked.

it crackled and fuzzed until he found it, soon their voices singing alone and getting lost in the wind from the open windows. jungkook loved riding in the car, never wanting to drive and only wanting to be along for the ride. he could let the wind blow his bangs back and zoom past his ears to drown out any noises or voices in his head. it was a dream, to think the wind would lift him away from the car, away from the world and up into the clouds with the birds.

jungkook wished he could fly, disappearing in a blur of light weathers and pretty wings drowning in blue.

────────────────────────────