Chapter 4

"Hello, William." I greet the tall male who enters the room. He turns his ear piece off, the others not here.

"I just got my DNA results back." He gums, "And I find it quite odd that your DNA matches someone I know."

I look at him, a grin almost forming.

"Oh wow, so you've figured it out. Good job, Clayton. You're doing a great job, Detective." I smirk.

"Do they even know you're their sister?" He stepped closer to the cage, crouching down to eye level with me.

I chuckle, glancing away before back at him, "No, they don't. And they won't no, you understand me?"

"What makes you think you're in a place to make demands." He glares at me.

"I'll get out of here. And the moment I do, I will shoot an arrow, straight through your chest. You hear me?"

He gulps, standing back up again, and walking out of the room.

I grin, leaning my head back against the bars. They'd let me eat a couple of times since I was caught here, and it'd only been a few days.

I let my eyes shut, still grinning as time passes by...

——
Quick apology, there's a lot of time skips for now.
——

"You, wake the hell up."

My eyes slowly open, only to be faced with a very angry looking Mia. The door the cage is wide open, and she's couched down in front of me.

"What do you want..." I mutter, sitting up a bit as I let my eyes adjust to the bright lights.

"What the hell did you say to William?" She snaps, the anger almost radiating off of her. She was definitely a scary person when angry.

I'd hate to be the one to anger her. Oh wait.

"What makes you think I said anything to that stupid computer geek?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Before I could say anything else I felt something come in contact with my cheek. And it stung.

"What the?!"

"Don't you dare call him stupid. Now what the hell did you say to him?"

She slapped me. Oh she'll pay for that. Later...

"Nothing. In fact I think he said more to me, than I did to him. I just gave simple responses, that's all sweetie." I grin, despite the red on my face from her slapping it.

She mumbles something, eyeing me before standing up and shutting the cage door.

"I'd watch yourself if I were you!" I yelled, "I have friends in many places."

"Whatever. Connor and Zoe are checking your apartment. And your job. If you're hiding anything, we'll find out." Mia yells as she walks off.

"You won't find anything."

I shut my eyes again, letting the world around me disappear...

Dream time

"Mom!" I yell, entering the small apartment.

No response.

"Dad?.." I glance around, noticing a note lying on the counter.

I stare at it for a moment, before setting the grocery bag's down and picking it up.

"Y/n,
We are so sorry we hadn't said anything before. We have to go home for a few months. JJ and Connor are graduating soon and we'd like to spend more time with them before they do. We hope you understand. If you're in trouble, make sure to use the argus cell phone we gave you. They'll send out a unit right away, and contact us about whatever is wrong.
We love you, and we'll see you after the boy's graduation. Call us sometime.
~Love, mom and dad. <3"