Chapter 13

"Ugh..." I groan as I sit up off the floor. I rub my eyes, wincing. "What the.."

I look at my hands and see blood. I stand up, seeing a small pool of blood where I was laying before.

"Oh god.." The memories come flooding back to me.

"F- Shit, Mia-"

I race to grab my dagger, nearly falling over, still quite dizzy. I stumble down the stairs and through the streets of Star City. Disappearing into fog as I leave to find her friends...

———

The elevator dings, but it's drowned out over the sound of the others sparring eachother.

I step out, stumbling forwards. I hit the metal bars on the side of the platform hard, the noise echoing loudly.

Everyone stops to look at me.

"Y/n?! What the hell are you doing here- you b-" Connor stops Zoe from trying to run at her.

"Wait- Y/n didn't Mia go to see you?" William asks, standing from his chair. He notices the blood on my head, and some of the visible bruising.

I just nod, putting my weight on the bars. "She.. they... got her..." I mutter.

Connor quickly races to my side as I start to fall, my vision going blurry. Everything turns black again.

——

"What happened to her?" A male voice asks.

"We don't know. She kinda just showed up like this.." Another voice responds, closer.

"Will she be okay?"

"Yeah, she will. She's just got a concussion, and some mild bruising. She'll be alright."

I open my eyes, squinting at the bright lights that shine down on me. I groan, sitting up slowly.

"Y/n-" Somebody pushes me back down, "You have a concussion, stay like that."

My eyes adjust to the light and I look up at William.

"Ugh.." I mumble, rubbing my face. I wince.

"I'm glad to see you're alive." The deep, male voice says. I look over, and see Dad- I mean John.

I glare at him, "Are you still trying to be a father figure?"

A mix of emotions flash over his face at once. I almost feel bad. Almost. I keep the glare on my face until he walks away.

Ignoring William's demands, I slowly sit up.

"You really shouldn't sit up." Connor says from behind me.

"I don't care.." I go silent, before looking at William.

"Did- did you find Mia? Is she okay?" I ask, a hint of worry laced in my voice.

"Wait- Mia's gone?" He asks, clearly alarmed.

"Yeah-?!" I jump to my feet. I wobble, dizzy, but make my way to his computer. The others follow.

I rapidly type on William's keyboard, until I find hack the camera's that I'd scattered through the building. Going back several hours, I find where Mia was taken.

"William can you track them?" Zoe asks.

"Yeah- I can.. Y/n, move over-" he hums.

I scoot over, crossing my arms over my chest as I watch him begin typing. Moments later, he answers. "An abandoned warehouse in the Glades, two blocks east from the old Nightclub dad owned."

I stand up straight, marching towards the elevator. I feel a hand on my wrist, pulling me back. Preventing me from saving her.

"Y/n, where do you think you're going?" Connor asks.

"Where the hell do you think?" I retort.

"No I mean- like- where. You can't go out in the shape you're in- especially without weapons- or- identity concealment?"

I stare at him, pulling my hood over my head. "You got pain killers and a spare bow?"

Connor frowns, glancing at Zoe and then William.

"Connor, she's got that look dad has when he isn't gonna drop something. Just let her go on." JJ hums from the corner of the room. I look over at him, and then at Connor.

Connor grumbles, making his way to the medicine cabinet. He pulls out a bottle of pain killers. I follow, taking them from him and also grabbing a syringe and a bottle labeled "epinephrine."

"Y/n what th-"

It was too late, I'd filled the syringe and emptied it into me. Epinephrine, the one drug that can make you move when it's hard. It's liquid adrenaline. I pop a few of the pain killers.

"Give me a bow and arrows, and be quick. This shit wears off fast." I muttered impatiently.

Zoe tosses me a quiver and a bow, and I grin, "Thanks."

And with that, I rush out of the building. Off to find the one person I never thought I'd be risking my sanity for.