Chapter 14

Thump... Thump

Thump.... Thump

Thump..... Thump

With each step I take, the sound echoes. The eery building old, cold and abandoned. For the most part. I freeze, hearing voices. I quickly dart into an empty room, peeking my head out just enough to see down the hall.

Two figures dressed in black uniforms strut out, carrying a rifle each. I wait for them to get past me and out of view, tip toeing to the room they'd exited out of..

-
Outside, a white van sat. Beyond Y/n's knowing, Connor, JJ, and Zoe had left the bunker. In Y/n's current shape, she couldn't run Mia all the way home.
-

A scream echoes in the building, coming from several rooms down the hallway. Y/n had already snapped the necks of five soldiers on her way. It was a heavily guarded area.

She quietly creeps up to the room, peeking inside. Her head was throbbing, but she could see three figures. A masked man- another soldier. Another man... gray hair, old. Definitely from another country.

And a blonde strapped to a chair... Mia. She was covered in sweat- struggling to get out of her leather restraints. The man holding her captive held a stun stick. (I forgot what they're called but they zap you with electricity.)

Blood stained the girls head. She doesn't seem to notice me, peeking from the doorway. Nor does the man and his guard.

"How long do you think until one of your friends comes by, hm?" He asks, a smirk growing, a thick Russian accent.

He pushes the stick against her chest, but no stun came. She'd flinches, staring at him, anticipating it. He clicks the button and she screams out. He then stops, slapping her with the heavy metal.

"HEY!" I yell, running into the room. I kick the guard's feet from beneath him, an arrow penetrating his skull.

The older man turns to look at me. A sly smile appears on his face, the stick beginning to him with the sound of electricity.

"Oh, have you come to join your friend?" He asks. I glare, shaking my head, "No. I've come to take her away from you."

He comes closer, and reaches out with the stick. I dodge out of his way, slapping his wrist with the end of my bow. He grunts, dropping the stun stick. It clangs around on the stone floors.

I smirk as he looks up at me. And the true battle begins. He throws the punches and I dodge them all. I can tell the old man is getting wore out but he keeps at it. I dodge an uppercut, and swing my right fist towards him.

He just barely dodged it, but not quickly enough as my foot comes in contact with his side, and my hand to his face.

He falls to the floor, unconscious. I lean forward out of breath.

"...Y/n?" A soft, pained voice whispers.

I snap my head in her direction, dropping my bow, "Oh my god, Mia- are you okay?" I ask. She nods her head.

I cut her out of her restraints and she immediately embraces me in a hug. I freeze, not expecting it, my eyes wide.

"I-"

She slowly lets go, looking at me, "Sorry, uhm-"

"No, no, it's fine. I just.. caught off guard, heh." I chuckle nervously, standing up from crouching and grabbing my bow.

"Let's go- there's definitely more of them." I hum. She nods. And we rush out of the room.

The hallway is long, and doesn't seem like it'll ever end.

Several times the both of us ducked into different rooms, hiding from passing soldiers.

I quickly shove Mia into a room, ducking in with her. It was small- a closet really. We were both squished between the walls and eachother- just narrowly hid from the soldiers passing.

Mia looks at me, her eyes shining in the dim lighting. I stare at her for a moment, before shaking my head.

"Uhm- let's- this way.." I mutter, grabbing her arm and running out. We both rush to the exit. So close..

"HEY!"

I stop in my tracks, spinning on my heel. I glance back, seeing the old, Russian man. His head bleeding. Behind him, stands at least ten soldiers. And surely more to come.

"Mia, get out of here.." I mumble, standing in front of her.

"Y/n-"

I glance back at her, "Get out! I'll be out right after you. Go!" I yell, as one soldier runs at us. I kick him back.

Mia hesitates, but knows if she stays she could take her again, and she's in a vulnerable position.

I hear the door slam open, and then shut.

I continue to fight off the other soldiers, but my body is getting weaker.

The adrenaline is wearing off..

I make a bolt for the exit, until I feel a wave of electricity hit my body. I yell, collapsing to the ground.

Two soldiers grab me by the arms, forcing me up. I'm turned to face the older man.

"Now you.. you will pay for what you've just done, young one." He glares at me.

All of a sudden, everything goes black.

— Meanwhile Outside —

"MIA!" Connor yells, jumping out of the vehicle  to help her over.

"Connor!" She hugs him, and he helps her get in.

"Where's Y/n?" He asks, looking at the building.

"She was-..." Mia stares at the building, before frantically looking around.

"She was right behind me.. I..." Mia's face sinks as she hears the scream from inside the building...