Chapter 9

Mia's unconsciously body lays on the floor. I crouch down beside her, leaning down and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Sorry, but I can't let you foil my plans... not when I'm this close."

I stand, rushing through the building. I snag my outfit and weapons they stored in a not so safe location.

While doing so, I plant a piece of tech in a hidden location in the room; beneath a potted plant.

I smirk, before rushing out using the elevator, and disappearing into the darkness of the city.

————

"Y/n! Where the hell have you been?" My roommate calls out, standing in my doorway as I scramble together what I can of my belongings.

"Uhh, it doesn't matter."

I stuff a few pairs of clothes into a backpack, along with other necessary items.

"It does! I've had to pay rent on my own. I had to deal with those stupid friends of yours coming over and searching the apartment. AND I had your coworkers over asking where you were."

I freeze, before turning to look at him.

"How long were my friends here?" I ask. I turn back to the small duffel bag I was filling with the remainder of my clothes that I actually wear, hygiene products, and meaningful items.

"I don't know. A couple of hours, they took some of your stuff. Said you needed it." He responds, I can hear him shuffling closer.

I turn around after zipping the bag up, only to be face-to-face with him.

"Y/n, what's going on?" He asks.

I stare at him, taking a step back to give us space.

"For legal reasons, I can't talk to you about it."

He sighs, "Can you at least give me some money to pay rent?"

I roll my eyes, opening a drawer and pulling a small bag from the top of it out. I open it, handing him the money. "Food and rent."

He mumbled a thank you, and I quickly make my exit. I can't stay long anywhere. I'd rather not be caught by my brother and his friends.

—————

"Ah, home sweet home.." I muttered, stepping into the room I had missed so much.

"I'm astonished this hasn't been found yet."

I set my belongings down on the floor, shuffling over to my computer. I turn it on, scrolling through messages I've received on the black market.

I politely decline them all. I have priorities. Answering to others isn't in my best interests now.

—————

A/N

OKAY, so this chapter is HELLA short, and I'm going to apologize for that. But I needed to get this written.

Anywho, first off, thank you for 77 views! That's awesome.

Now, chapters will be coming out a bit slower than I'd like and I'm sorry. School is more stressful than I imagined it to become when I started this story. I'm considering college, starting a channel with my friends, and have a lot going on because we just moved. So yeah.

Anywho, see ya in the next chapter folks! ;)