Chapter 5

A/N - This is rather short and I'd like to  apologize!

————

"Hey!" I yell, "Can I please go take a shower? I feel disgusting!"

"What makes you think you deserve a shower?" Connor said, stepping into the room. I look at him.

"Well, I haven't tried to escape yet." I hum, slowly standing from the floor. I stretch out my arms, yawning.

"Hm... Mia!" Connor yells.

"What?!" She shouts back.

"Come here please."

Mia appears a few seconds later, looking at me before at Connor.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Can you uh, escort her to the showers? Ya know- keep an eye on her, so she doesn't try anything stupid." Connor glances between me and Mia.

"Uhm.." She looks at me for a moment, "I guess so, yeah."

I smile for a moment, looking away as it fades from my face.

Mia glances around, before walking to a table. "I'm borrowing your pistol." She muttered, picking it up and inserting the loaded magazine into it. She cocks it back, before looking at me.

"If you try anything, and I mean anything, I won't hesitate." She gives me a death stare.

I raise my hands innocently, "I just want a shower. Maybe some clean clothes but, I doubt that's an option."

Mia rolls her eyes, stepping over to the cage. She unlocks it. I look at her, before hesitantly stepping out of the cage.

"Do you know how amazing it feels to not be constricted to a metal box?" I grin, stretching out again.

"Just-" She sighs, "Come on."

Connor leads the way to what seems to be a shower stall room behind their wall of suit storage. Each stall is pretty tall, and they have doors in the back, for privacy.

"Alright. Don't kill each other.." Connor mumbled as he walks off.

Mia looks at me, "I'll have Zoe get you a change of clothes and a towel. For now, just-" She points to the middle stall, "Use that one. It's mind, it's got shower stuff in it."

I nod my head, stepping over to it. I enter the small stall, shutting the door behind me and quickly undressing myself, resting the dirty clothes on the stall wall.

"And once again, surrounded by four walls in a small space.." I mumble.

Glancing back at Mia, she has a small, almost unnoticeable smile on her face, rolling her eyes.

——

"Thanks again." I mumble, stepping out of the shower stall, in my clean clothes. Zoe had grabbed some from my apartment when they searched it.

"Yep. Come on, let's get you back to your cell." Mia hummed. I nod, sighing.

Once we arrive back, I step inside. She closes the door behind me, the lock clicking.

I turn around to face her, "Why are you guys keeping me here anyways? Wouldn't you rather me be in a prison cell by now?" I ask.

"Well-" She sighs, "William... he won't tell us why. He says there's just something off about you. He wants to know more."

I laugh, "Right. Well I wish him luck with that."

She turns away, before stopping.

"Why... why do you do it?"

I raise an eyebrow, "Do what, darling?"

She looks at me, "Fight us. Act like a complete psychopath. Rob banks. Kill people. Why?"

I stare at her, "Troubled past."

"What kind of troubled past?" She asks, curious to hear more.

"The kind that makes you a different person."

She goes silent for a moment, "Do the nightmares have to do with it?" She asks quietly.

I grind my teeth, glaring before looking away from her, "Shut the hell up.." I mumble quietly.

"Geez, harsh." Zoe enters the room, looking at me before at Mia.

"What'd you do to anger the wolf?" She asks.

I can feel their eyes on my back, "I don't know.." Mia mumbles.

"Well, anyways. Mia, we're gonna have some company tomorrow." Zoe says.

Mia looks at Zoe, "Really? Who's coming by?"She asks.

"Uhh, John and Lyla. Connor said they just got done with an op and wanted to see how things are going."

I spin around, staring at Zoe.

"Wait- like- John Diggle? Lyla Michaels? Those two?" I ask, staring at her.

"What's it matter to you? Scared they'll put you into one of their cells?" She asks.

"I-" I go silent, huffing.

"No..." I think to myself, "Mom and dad are going to be here..."

Hating someone is one thing. Hating someone face to face for abandoning you countless times? Now that's a whole other thing. A much... much more complicated thing.