Chapter 7

A/N: Ok, so I've realized that I may have done a few too many time skips, and I've gotten people confused on the reader's age. So just to be clear, she was born 1870, so at this point in the plot, she's in the 17-18 age range.

I threw Edward into the fray because there's no way I can wait until the Luxury Liner arc to write about him again (ಥ﹏ಥ). So yea, there's already slight canon divergence. It won't get too intense until the Circus arc though. This update covers Chapters 1-2 of the manga, has a bit too much dialogue, and totally jumps all over the place, sorry 😶

Anyways, have a little screenshot from the manga of Ciel dying of laughter.

~-~-~-~-~-~-

1888

"Take this! Secret technique! Flower Bird Wind Moon All Kinds of Flowers Profusion Fist!"

You deadpanned. The what-fist?

"Ciel, did you seriously think this guy would beat Sebastian?" you raised an eyebrow, pointing at the defeated martial artist on the ground.

The boy sulked. "I wanted to see him lose..."

"Where'd you even get this guy from? What kind of school names their techniques something like that?"

He only shrugged in response. You sighed, fiddling with the glass of lemonade the both of you had specially reserved for Sebastian after you saw Tanaka dumping a load of Asian seasoning in it. At that moment, the demon walked up to you both, giving you that infuriating smile of his.

"Now, because I won, please do today's review and tomorrow's pre-lesson young master," Sebastian said, smiling and radiating the ridiculous sparkles you always saw around him when he spoke to Ciel. You could hear the servant trio singing his praises in the background. "My, (Y/n), you don't look very happy about my victory," he grinned mockingly.

You snorted. "Why would I be?" you pouted, chin resting on your palm. "It would be nice to see you lose for once." Subtly, you nudged the lemonade into the Ciel's hand to let him do the honors.

"Hmph, you did well Sebastian. Here, drink."

Sebastian took the glass and drained the entire thing in one go. You mentally drowned in disappointment at the lack of reaction. Dammit, what a boring expression.

The demon butler stared at you in suspicion, wondering what you did, before shrugging it off. It wasn't like you could do much harm anyways (well, except when it came to his pride and patience... you had a tendency to destroy those).

"By the way, what are you all doing here?" he turned and glared at the servants, who squeaked in fear. "If you have time to waste, do your jobs!" he scolded. The three quickly scurried off.

"Speaking of work, there was a call from Sir Chlaus," Tanaka informed.

"Then let's talk about it inside," you stood up. Ciel nodded, beckoning Sebastian to follow you both as you returned to Ciel's study.

~-~-~-~-~-~-

"So he will be coming directly to England?"

Ciel nodded. "He'll be arriving around 6:00 o'clock, and we'll carry out negotiations at the manor. You do know what this means, don't you, Sebastian?"

"Of course, I will prepare to provide him with the full hospitality of the Phantomhives," Sebastian bowed. "...By the way, what in the world was in that lemonade?" he said, pale face slightly bluer and more pinched.

You grinned. "You didn't like it?"

He gave you a suspicious glare. "I thought you were better at preparing drinks than that disappointment. The heartburn won't stop," he scowled.