Chapter 10

A/N: I like to think that having (Y/n) around is a good influence for Ciel. It allows him to express a lot more emotions, makes him a little less harsh/cynical, and gives him more room to be caring. Basically, Ciel isn't as stone cold and cruel because his moral compass isn't as fucked up with (Y/n) balancing out Sebastian. He still has questionable morals though since, y'know... his better role model is still an assassin working under the queen.

I gave up on editing after four reads because it was too much and I got sick of my own content lol. Also... uh, I might've let my angsty tendencies take over towards the end. The Jack the Ripper confrontation is the next chapter, but I like sad boi hours so, have some early tears, oops—

~-~-~-~-~-~-

"My, such grandness. It truly is the final day of the social season," Madam Red remarked. You hummed in acknowledgement, accepting the hand Sebastian held out to you and stepping out from the carriage.

"It seems tonight will be rather enjoyable," Lau grinned, seemingly looking in your direction, though it wasn't certain when his eyes were closed. "You look even fairer than usual, my lady."

You flushed at the compliment, and you were about to thank him when you were interrupted.

"Enough, Lau. I don't want to hear anymore of that from you. Remember that we're not here to play. The moment he suspects something, it's all over, so don't let your guard down," Ciel ordered, exiting the vehicle as well.

You bit your lip to keep from laughing out loud, but it was proving difficult to contain your amusement considering that the boy's normal disposition was such a stark contrast to his current .

"So cute~!" Madam Red squealed, engulfing him in a big hug.

"Let go of me!" he yelled indignantly. "Why am I even dressed like this?!" he complained.

You giggled into your palm. He really was cute.

"Don't laugh at me!"

"You don't like it?" Madam Red pursed her lips in a pout.

"Why would I?!" Ciel blushed. "Besides, you already have (Y/n) dressed up!"

"I couldn't help myself," the red-haired socialite shrugged. "Your dresses matched so well together."

"You just wanted to play dress-up?!"

"Hmm..." you idly twirled a lock of the wig you were currently wearing, the color matching Ciel's own. "I don't know, this and color really aren't my style."

Nina might've gone a bit overboard with the risqué ideas this time around, though you had a feeling it would get worse as time progressed. The most you could do was adjust the outfit after accepting it. If the woman saw the long gloves you'd pulled on for the sake of covering your elbows, she would've thrown a fit.

Ciel twitched, bursting in a childish tantrum that actually matched his age for once. "At least yours isn't draped in ribbons, frills, and obnoxiously large roses! No, actually, why should I even be wearing this??"

Before you could answer, you were interrupted by a smooth, mocking voice.

"My, my. You musn't shout so loudly, my lady."

You didn't even need to turn around to see the smirk on the demon's face as he walked up to your side. Unsurprisingly, he earned a harsh glare from your little brother, although you had to admit it had far less effect than usual.

"Now, now, remember your roles everyone!" Madam Red exclaimed cheerfully. "Lau will be my lover, Ciel and (Y/n) are sisters and my nieces from the countryside, Sebastian is their tutor as well as (Y/n)'s fiancé, and Grell will be as he is."