Chapter 15

A/N: ...I'm so sorry about the inconsistent schedule. I... don't know if it'll get any better :')

Apologies for any errors you may stumble upon. My writing is rusty.

~-~-~-~-~-~-

It'd been a few days since Agni and Soma had started staying in the Phantomhive manor. And with each night, your suspicions grew just a little more.

The first night you had seen the Indian butler sneak out, it'd been a coincidence. You were about to go to the kitchens for water (and maybe a midnight snack) when you heard distinctive footsteps and hid yourself. Not long after, Agni had passed you and walked out the front door.

The next few nights, you amplified your senses, listening to the telling sounds of his shifting steps and of the front door clicking shut. You could sense the pure devotion that Agni had for Soma during your conversation in the kitchen a few days ago, which left you wondering just what exactly the man was doing every night in secret.

And that was why you were currently dressed to go out and investigate with Ciel and Sebastian... and Soma and Lau, who had tagged along. Or, more like, Soma had attached himself to you right when your foot was at the door, screaming, "Take me with you!" Well, he said something along those lines anyway. That was just how it sounded to your very tired ears. Your current predicament was leaving you beyond exhausted.

Lau obviously just liked watching you suffer with his eyes closed—he kept looking in your direction with an amused smile as you dragged your feet under Soma's weight. The prince was very literally hanging off your shoulders like a cape, as he had refused to stop clinging on to you ever since you left the manor.

"Prince Soma," you sighed, finally giving up. "Please refrain from turning me into a personal mule. I'd rather we catch up to Agni quickly, and I am restricted from doing so with you on top of me."

"But—"

"Just get off of her," Ciel snapped, turning to the demon who was glaring at the prince. "Sebastian!"

"Yes, my lord."

Within a second, the literal weight was lifted from your shoulders. Unfortunately, you were met with a long series of whines assaulting your ears instead, and you groaned.

"Prince Soma," you said, sending him a warning stare accompanied with a frown that screamed 'Kindly shut the fuck up please, I'm tired and you're not helping.'

It was the first time you (or anyone, really) had actually given him that kind of look, and he was immediately cowed into silence. The rest of the tailing trip went relatively smoothly.

It didn't take long before you saw Agni slip into one Harold West's manor. You cringed, not really looking forward to seeing the pompous bastard's ugly face, even if just to spy on the situation.

"Who lives here?" Soma demanded, and you sighed at his attitude, even if he was understandably on edge.

"Settle down Prince, no need to panic," Lau grinned. "If you go in, you shall see the truth, you and I... eh?"

"You don't know either, do you?" you deadpanned.

"Yip~ So who lives here?"

"Harold West," Ciel answered for you. "I've only met him once off duty, but he's a bit creepy."

"More than just a bit," you muttered. "Stupid pig wouldn't stop eyeing me the last time I ran into him, and he kept preening like a peacock, flashing a bunch of jewelry into my face and bragging about his latest antiques or whatever."