Chapter 17

A/N: It's been what, 1.5 years? The way the last time I updated this story (or at all) was right before starting college. Now I'm about to enter my last finals season as an undergrad student, go into my last summer, and then go to pharmacy school 💀. Hooray, college :/

Whoever's still here... I'm amazed with the amount of my bullshit you're putting up with. Still thankful though. A lot has happened these near two years. Your girl is burnt out but she's trying her best :')

Yes, she was also motivated by the release of the new anime season.

The queen kept smiling despite the uproar she had caused and turned to face you with her still-amused expression. You could only heave a deep sigh of exasperation.

"Your Majesty... the horse is still on top of John," you pointed out as politely as possible. "Please end his suffering."

"Oh my, you're quite right."

Everyone sweatdropped as the queen casually directed her horse away from her poor attendant. There went her dignified image...

"Are you alright, John?" You helped the man up.

"I am perfectly fine, my lady."

"...You're bleeding everywhere."

"I am perfectly fine. Now, Her Majesty has something to say," the man deflected, blood still dripping from his head.

With a roll of your eyes, you grabbed a handkerchief and forced it into his hands.

"Stem the bleeding."

"...Thank you, my lady."

He did so obediently before directing your attention back to the queen as he went to help her down from her horse.

"The curry show was indeed exciting. With the fragrance in the room, I was reminded of the time I had curry with Albert on White Island," Queen Victoria began with a smile.

Oh. Oh no, was your only thought the moment the late king's name was spoken. There was a pause. Then...

"Oh, Albeeeert...." The queen went down on her knees with a sob. "I want to eat curry with you also!"

The crowd awkwardly stared. John simply kneeled down and spoke to her with a King Albert doll as you all watched on.

"Her Majesty seems like quite the complex character," Lau mused.

"Tell me about it," you mumbled at the same time Ciel said "Don't talk like that."

The boy's eyes snapped to you. "Just because it's true doesn't mean you should agree!" he hissed.

"But it's true. You even said it is just now."

"Still...!"

"Ahem!" Queen Victoria cleared her throat, straightening once again. "As I have received an invitation to be a judge, I have one vote, don't I?"

The crowd shifted, suddenly excited to hear her verdict.

"I have chosen... Funtom Company's butler, Sebastian. This is for you."

"WAIT, WHY?!" Harold West demanded before anyone could celebrate. "How could we lose to a doughnut stuffed with curry?!"

"Take a look around you," the queen responded cooly. She gestured to everyone in the hall, pausing at the children in particular.

Predictably, they made much larger messes than the adults around them, curry all over their faces and spilling onto their clothes unless they were eating the curry bun. Turning to the servants, you could see Finny with a wide and messy-with-curry smile.