10

You froze in place at his words.

"I can tell you lots of other little secrets too, but i need to see your true with what you tell me," he says as he moves your hair exposing the right side of your neck.

You furrow your brows at him not quite understanding, "only Ovidius has the power of Amintiri. (Memories)"

Tans smirk returns to his face, "welllll, lets just say he kindly gifted it to me."

Something was off, he was either lying or something had happened to Ovidius. Tan now had you on edge, had he killed him? The thought runs through your mind.
This was a power move by Tan that worked in his favor. You couldn't afford to let him bite you, he would see your memories, not to mention he would taste the serum in your blood. You back off out of his grasp until your back was flush with the wall.

He follows you grinning as he places his left hand on the wall, blocking your quick escape to the door, "what's wrong Pumpkin?"

Keeping your cool you flick the light switch and use your power.

Tan laughs and then growls, "Fucking little bitch!"

You run towards the back exit where the girls had left prior with Tan unable to see you, or so you thought. He rushes you in the dark and tackles you to the floor, you squirm under him grabbing a beer bottle from the coffee table smashing it over his head. This gives you enough freedom to wriggle one leg from under him and propel him into the wall on the other side of the room. A crator forms in the wall behind Tan from the power of your kick, your barely on your feet before he grabs you again. You turn your body around to face his, only to be met with his fist connecting with your face, you lift your right leg to kick him again but this time he was ready, he grabbed hold of your calf and flipped you in the air, you stable yourself and land on your feet. You run at him and begin to spar, his movements were quick and precise, but you were able to match him. You were strong but he was surprisingly stronger, you wouldn't be able to keep this up for much longer. You cartwheel backwards over the couch putting space between the two of you and instantaneously throw it towards him. You turn and run out the door before he has time to react.

You jump over the railing down into the crowd evaporating the darkness from around you blending in with the masses better. The music becomes progressively louder, vampires started to turn and bare their teeth waiting for the drop in the music so they could feed of their victims in synchronicity.
The beat drops, looks of horror appeared on the unsuspecting victims faces, followed blood curdling screams. Tan looks down onto the crowd trying to see you among the carnage but its no use, you rush out the entrance into the cold night and hide down a side ally, catching your breath.

"Fuck," you grit your teeth as you hold back tears.

You take a minute to compose yourself as you make your way back to Nat, using your power to hide in the dark to ensure no one was following you. You take a seat in the back as the glass was tinted making it harder for anyone to see you.

Nat immediately drives off towards the tower, "everything okay?"

You don't respond too lost in your thoughts.

"Looks like you got into ab bit of a scrape," she says looking at your bruised face.

"Things didn't go quite to plan, but i think i got the info your after."

Nat doesn't say anything but looks at you through the rear view mirror, waiting for you to tell her.

"I think Tan plans to reveal vampires to the world, hes creating a following, a new coven of vampires, HIS coven. He always used to talk about how vampires are better than humans, how he could have and take whatever he wanted from them, he used to think he was invincible. I never thought his plans would come to fruition."

"Whats changed?" Nat asks.

"I think hes killing his own to amass his powers."

"Great, so were dealing with a super powered vampire and his army," Nat says rhetorically, "never a dull day at work."

Nat pulls into the underground car park of Stark tower and parks the SUV, "I'll clue the guys in on things, i was told to handle it myself but with the info you gave me its going to take the whole team," Nat tells you. You both enter the lift and press for the top floor, Nat takes a moment before saying her next words, "you know, we could do with someone with your set of skills on the team, not to mention you'd be upping the female numbers," she smiles.

You look at her with a little skepticism, "vampire joins the Avengers? I'm sure that would look good for the press," you say sarcastically.

"Nobody would have to know that," she tries to reassure you.

=======Meanwhile=======

Tan punched the nearest wall in frustration and ran his hand through his hair. He inhaled deep trying to calm himself. The sudden rush of fresh blood enticed his senses, his eyes now focused on a piece of broken bottle with blood on it. Tan strides over to it, picks it up and examines it before tasting the red liquid. All at once Tan sees your memories, what happened in Bucharest, your life in New York, Tony, your reunion with Bucky, but most importantly the variant in your blood. It sparked a quick adrenaline rush through his body, "oh (y/n) we have been naughty."