Chapter Four~ A Single Tear

Yay! I couldn't wait to finish writing this!! I dunno, this story has been coming really easily. I guess it's more of a fun, easy-write that i can do when I need to get my mind off of UV my other story. (and to those fans i plan on having the next chapter up by this weekend, its going to be very tense and intense hehe) But i'm having a buttload of fun with this book!!! So keep voting and commenting (if i had to choose please comment i love the feedback, encourages me to write!) and keep shining you crazy diamonds!! (I can't remember for the life of me where I heard that...Oh well ;P)

xoxoxo

linz 

Chapter Four

~A Single Tear~

~Jason~

We were standing outside the door to the purple guest room, I chose this one because she said that she liked purple earlier and I hope that she might like it. I just wanted her to be happy, no one should have to live the way she has...that house was a nightmare! Of all the properties she chose that one?! My mate should not have to live like that! She should be treated like the princess she was meant to be!

“My room is across the hall and two doors down on the right,” I gestured to my door, interrupting my internal chatter. I hesitated, not sure whether to kiss her, hug her, say goodnight, salute, walk away--

My thought process was cut off yet again when she stood up on her toes and threw her arms around my neck, pulling me close to her in a hug. I have to admit, I was surprised, this coming from her. But it’s not like I was going to resist her either...she was so soft, but I could feel her strength in her thin arms around my neck.

Her mouth was by my ear, I felt her soft breath on my cheek, “Rose is my middle name,” she breathed, I felt my eyes go wide in surprise, “Accacia is my first...promise you won’t tell anyone.” I stiffened, she pulled away, I just stood there and felt myself mouth the name Accacia to myself a couple of times, just to get used to the feel of the strange word.

Wait, why shouldn’t I tell anyone? But I couldn’t make myself move, “Goodnight, Jase.” I mentally smiled at her nickname for me, secretly I adored that that was something of me that was completely hers...it makes sense to me...

I heard her door shut softly and I blinked, snapping out of my daze, realizing that I was staring at a closed door like a random idiot. I blinked a few more times and shook my head, “Son? Are you alright? You’ve seemed a little different since your car ride.” My head snapped towards the voice and I blinked at my dad.

“Oh, uh hey dad...”

“Hay is for horses boy. What’s going on?” He said, getting more serious. I nodded to the stairs, he got my message, “your mother is in the kitchen and wanted to talk to you, why don’t we continue this down there?” I shrugged and followed him down the curving staircase in the front of the house, cutting across the foyer and down the hall into the kitchen. My mom was in there humming and wiping the counters.

“Mom, you cleaned the kitchen this morning.” She paused and looked, smiling at me and Dad.

“Well after seeing that fixer upper of a house today, I decided that a kitchen can never be too clean.”

“Sure it can--”

“Nope,” Mom paused, “never too clean.” Dad chuckled from somewhere behind me. I leaned back on the table and Mom hit me with the dish-rag, I sighed and stood up.

“So I caught our son standing in the hallway with a look on his face that said he was extremely surprised. That plus how quiet he was when he got off the car means that something happened, don’t you think, dear?”