Chapter Six~Suspicion

Hey! It's lindsay! I got really into writing this, the ending is a little slow and it has not been edited because it's 2 am! I just saw I am Number Four and loved it!! The book was good too!! so please 

vote!! and comment!!!

luv ya'll! and i'm dead tired!

xoxo linz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six

 ~Suspicion~

~Accacia (I think you all understand that she is Rose by now)~

The soft material of the the seat tempted me to relax and let my guard down, I dug my nails into the heel of my hand, focus, girl.

“What are you doing, Rose.” Jason’s soft voice captured my attention, don’t look...don’t look, I chanted silently. “Rose?”

“Nothing, just sitting here.” I gave him something somewhere between a grimace and a smile. I fidgeted, finally realizing that I hadn’t been this close to a person, or group of people, since my brother... don’t think...don’t think... I winced at a memory...

------------------------------>>> Two years ago <<<----------------------------

“Jasper! Hurry!” I hissed, and clutched a dagger at my side.

“We can’t leave without the book! You know that as well as I!” 

“No! I don’t because I’m not eighteen yet and haven’t opened my Aletian chest or read the book yet! Care to explain?”

“We don’t have time for this, Caci, and you know that--aha! found it! Come on,” he beckoned me over to the window of our fourth floor apartment, below was a fire escape leading to an alley, in his hands was the thick, hand-made book Father had given him, mine was in my bag. He quickly stowed his in his own messenger bag and forced open the aged window to our Dallas apartment, “hurry! The hunters are almost--”

BOOM!!

The door flew open and smashed into the wall across from it, smashing into a hundred pieces, Jasper let out a stream of curse words in a variety of languages before shoving me through the window and onto the fire escape, he followed and we ran to the other end of the platform before two of the hunters busted through the wall, causing bricks to fly and stood opposite us, bearing broadswords that glowed with a menacing, bloody-red glow. 

Jasper drew his shamshirs, his two curved, wicked sharp blades, one in each hand. They were his weapon of choice, all of us Aletians had a favored weapon or weapon type, one we were superior at using than all other masters, yes as part of our training we must master all basic weapons, but there was the one that we excelled at above all others. Jasper’s was the shamshir, he usually kept two strapped to his back, wielding one in each hand.

I held my double edged dagger in my left hand and two chakrams in my right hand, both behind my back. An array of different types of daggers, long, thin, wavy, curved, thick, short, were hidden all over my body, strapped to different places, as well as other chakrams and various throwing stars.

The tallest of the two hunters spoke, “Well, well, well...If it isn’t the two missing Dracoses...Hmm, brave, just like your parents,” he mused in a raspy, cruel voice. He pushed back his hood to reveal a heavily scarred and disfigured face, with thick-callous like skin, and completely black eyes, no white or iris, not unlike those of a fish, but colder, more deathly.