Chapter 3: Shopping Trip

This chapter has been edited as of 3/26/23

Peter hummed a catchy tune as he slid into his room via the window after an early morning patrol. It had been a peaceful day, occasionally stopping to help workers with the damages around the city.

He wasn't complaining, the life of a superhero could be crazy, he'd enjoy the peace while he could.

And how he could take his new cousin for a tour of New York! Ari was just so adorable and Hiro had talked about her a lot in the last couple of months, so Peter was excited to bond with her.

Speaking of the robotics genius, Peter noticed his cousin was scrolling through his phone on the couch.

"Anything exciting on the internet?" Peter hopped onto the couch right next to him.

Hiro shrugged as he was texting something. "Just watching my friend's shenanigans on our mutually shared group chat, Fred keeps spamming memes." He then put the phone into his pocket.

He could relate. "Yeah in my friend's group chat, Miles does the same thing even at like four AM and then Anya logs in to knock it off then Gwen asks why they're both up at four AM and then Anya asks why she's up at four AM-" He also was up at that time doing the occasional patrol but he'd keep that secret to his grave.

The robotics genius snickered. "Friend group chats, gotta love 'em."

"You doing alright?" Peter asked him. "I know it's been a rough year for you."

Hiro frowned. "I'm... doing better most days, I still miss him."

Me too. Peter had admired Tadashi a lot, especially when he got into SFIT, it was a school he considered going too, well maybe not in person since he had a full-time superhero gig... but his older cousin going to a cool science school was awesome!

And then the fire happened.

And then the news started talking about "Yokai" and how it was all some crazy revenge scheme against a company CEO that got a lot of people hurt, and cost his cousin's life.

And then the news talked about Big Hero 6 and the occasional supervillain that popped up.

He knew San Fransokyo had similar problems to New York in terms of crazy criminals, but it had always been Boss Awesome who had protected the city, just like how New York had the Avengers and other well-known heroes watching her.

In a way... Peter could relate to Big Hero 6 in terms of being the new hero on the block. Wish I could meet them...

"Are you guys doing okay?" Hiro asked him back. "I know it's been rough for you too."

Peter nodded. "Yeah I miss Uncle Ben a lot, I think about him everyday and we visit his grave every month." He'd also sometimes pop a visit during patrols, telling his uncle about another person he helped in his honor.

"Peni mentioned you were still looking for your friend that disappeared a couple years back." Hiro added.

That sent a pang through his chest. "Yeah..." That had been during his first year as Spiderman, when he just spent his time getting cats out of trees and helping old ladies cross the street.

Things had only gotten crazier this year as he ran into more supervillains and got into Horizon High.

Hiro thankfully changed the subject. "So uhhh I heard you were taking my little sister for a tour." He stated. "Mind if I tag along?"

Peter beamed. "The more the merrier!"

Peni had been noticing a few things about her new cousin so far during their sightseeing.