Chapter 5: Spider Friends

This chapter has been edited as of 4/2

Thankfully, Peni and Peter didn't get grounded when they got back, but Hiro did raise an eyebrow at them.

"I'd have brought you an interdimensional souvenir but we're still perfecting the tech." Peni awkwardly explained.

"Maybe next time?" Hiro offered. He didn't think he'd go dimension hopping considering last time, but he was interested in hearing about the places his cousins went to.

Peni smiled at him. "Maybe next time."

Now it was the next day, and after a peaceful morning patrol, the Parkers were relaxing in the living room while playing Minecraft on the tv with their cousins.

Ding-dong!

"I wonder who that is." Hiro commented.

Peter went up to get it. "We'll find out."

"I hope it's not a salesman." Peni grumbled.

But then they heard a happy squeal from Peter and looked at the door. "Harry, Miles!"

Two boys around his age were at the door, one had swooped up black hair, blue eyes and a blue shirt. The other had short dark brown hair, golden-brown eyes, and a grey hoodie.

Ari had been in the kitchen getting snacks, and she poked her head from the door frame at the sound. "What's going on?"

"Some of our friends are visiting it seems." Peni explained.

"Cool! Can we meet them?"

Peter chuckled. "Well it'd be weird if I didn't introduce you while they visited..." He led his friends through the house. "Miles, Harry, this is my cousin Ari."

"Nice to meet you." Miles waved at her.

Ari waved back. "Ari, this is my best friend Harry, and my other friend Miles, we both go to the same school." Peter continued introducing.

"How come I don't get an intro?" Hiro complained.

"Didn't I meet you once?" Harry pointed at him.

The robotics genius shrugged. "Haven't met Miles yet."

"Are Gwen and Anya visiting?" Peni asked.

Harry shook his head. "Nah, Gwen's still staying home, Anya's making sure she's okay."

Peni nodded in understanding, Gwen had been deeply affected by the Spider Island incident. At least Anya's there for her. She made a mental note to visit later this week.

"So you guys go to Horizon?" Ari asked Miles and Harry.

Miles nodded. "Yeah it is so crazy there! But fun too!"

"I used to go there." Harry shook his head. "But things got complicated."

Peter placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You could still come back if you want to."

"Nah, online classes are better for my schedule." Harry waved it off.

"Maybe you could take some at Horizon!" Miles suggested. "I'm sure if you talk to Max he'll-"

He was cut off by Peni and Harry groaning, then the two looked at each other in surprise at their reactions. "I have a... complicated relationship with Max Modell." Harry stated after a few moments.

"Uh why do you-"

Hiro cut his sister off. "Don't ask Ari, just don't."

Between the tuition and this "venom" he heard Peni rant about at times... he didn't want to deal with a rant this early in the morning.