13

-wilbur's p.o.v-

          As I got out of my Uber, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. Of course, I always forget how hot California is until I get here again. It always got me to appreciate the weather in London. I looked at the house that once held the name of Lunch Club Headquarters. The paint seemed to have faded a bit since my last visit due to the sun beating down on it day after day. 

          I bit my lip as I walked to the door, hesitating to knock on the door. What was I doing here? Was Vee going to think I've gone completely mad for traveling across the ocean just to convince her not to move in with a man that tried to steal her from me? The chances seemed very high.

          Finally, I knocked my fist against the front door. The sooner I see things through, the better, right? While I waited for someone to answer, my mind wandered to the after-party. The thought of his lips on hers- or anyone's on hers that didn't belong to me, for that matter- sent a burning rage through me. In the pockets of my sweats, I clenched my fists. 

          When the door opened, I let a smile find it's way to my face. "Hey-" I started, but stopped as soon as I saw who it was. Out of all the people that lived in this house, of course, it was him. "Hello, Cooper," I grumbled.

          I watched his face create a show of different emotions, fear, and confusion easily being the main characters. It took him about a minute to finally speak up. My name was all he ended up saying. 

          "May I come in?" I asked, assuming he wouldn't be one to offer. 

          He seemed to be cautious before giving me a nod, making room in the doorway for my entry. Looking around the place, I noticed that not much had changed. The only difference seemed to be the lack of people crowding the place. No Ted, no Charlie, and certainly no Schlatt. The place seemed to be empty, apart from Cooper. 

          Speaking of Cooper... After I'd taken my shoes off, I noticed that he sat down on one of the small couches in the living room, aimlessly scrolling through his phone. Probably to avoid looking at me, I supposed. I know I would do the same.

          Sitting in a chair on the other side of the room (as far as humanly possible away from Cooper while still being in the same room as him), I thought of what I could say. I could chew Cooper out right now. Just fucking scream at him. Or I could be civil. Although I liked option number one, I knew Vee probably wouldn't.

          "How're you?" Cooper mumbled. His attempt at breaking the ice was embarrassing. He was the last person I wanted to talk to about how I was doing.

          Ignoring his question, I asked, "Where's Vee?"

          He shrugged, briefly explaining that he didn't know. That she left yesterday. That Travis drove her to the airport.  "Carson was gonna take her," he said, "but he had a family emergency. Had to get on his own plane a few days before Vee's flight."

          So her phone was on airplane mode. Of course, it was. I groaned, throwing my face into my hands. Of course, she was fine. Why wouldn't she be? I just had to jump to conclusions. But... 

          "Does Travis know where she went? Or when she'll be back?" 

          He thought for a moment. "I guess it depends on if she told him. I dunno. He should be upstairs if you want-"

          I didn't wait for him to finish. I quickly got up from my seat, pulling my phone from my pocket, and going up the stairs. When I noticed I still had it on airplane mode, I turned it off. Might as well tell Tommy, Phil, Techno, and Tubbo that I made it to America. The first thing I did was check the group chat I had with them.