18

The movement of the weight next to me was what woke me up the next morning. Looking around the room, I had almost forgotten where I was. Thanks to my FaceTime calls with Wilbur, there were a few parts of the room that I was already familiar with despite never having been here before. I still couldn't quite fully believe that I was really in Wilbur's apartment.

Stretching a bit, I turned onto my other side where I was met with the face of the boy next to me. I smiled a bit at him as opened his eyes to look back at me. "Good morning," I spoke quietly, "unless it isn't morning-"

He chuckled a bit, smiling back at me. He shook his head a bit and kissed my forehead. "Good morning, Vee."

God, I had forgotten how much I liked waking up next to him. His morning voice was something that I hadn't heard in quite a while. I kissed him lightly and he pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's wonderful that you're here," he said once he had pulled away. "Really. I can't even believe it. God- I can't wait to show you everything there is to do around here. It isn't much, but I know you'll like it. Or, I hope you will anyway."

"Of course, I will. I'll be with you."

It wasn't until then that I noticed that Wilbur's phone had been ringing this whole time when he rolled over to answer it. As he spoke, I could faintly hear the familiar loud voice from the boy on the other end of the call.

"Yes, hi, Tommy," Wilbur chuckled, "I made it home...Yes, she's still here... I don't know. Until the end of the month, I think... Well, you woke us up, actually. I'm not sure what we're doing yet today if anything- Uh, I mean, yeah, maybe. I can ask."

He took his phone away from his ear and looked at me. "He's wondering if we want to spend the day with him and Tubbo. If you're still tired, or if you don't want to, I can tell him to wait until tomorrow or-"

I shook my head, giving him a small smile. "I'd love to."

"Are you sure? He's already very loud and obnoxious and it's only, like, nine in the morning-"

Chuckling, I nodded. "I don't think I've met Tubbo in person yet and I know I haven't seen Tommy since VidCon. It gives us something to do, too. And as much as I'd like to sleep all day, I don't think I physically can."

Wilbur nodded as well, putting the phone back up to his ear. "Alright, we'll go. Just give us an hour or so to get ready and we'll meet you wherever it is we're going. Just let me know where... Yep. Will do, Tom. Bye."

After he put his phone back on his bedside table, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him once again. I giggled softly and started to say something but he shushed me before I had the chance, saying, "Shh.. just a few more minutes like this. Then we can get up. Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled.

"Okay," he repeated. We were quiet for a moment before he spoke up again, quietly. "I'm really happy that you're here, you know."

"I think you said that already," I chuckled.

"Nuh-uh. I said that it's wonderful that you're here. Similar statements, but different. I didn't realize how much I missed you."

I thought for a second, nodding. "Yeah, I know what you mean. You don't really notice it when we're on the phone together twenty-four-seven. But now that we're, like, actually here-"

He interrupted me, finishing my thought, "Now that we're actually here it's like I don't want to let go of you again. I forgot how nice it is to be around you. Well, no. There's no way I could have forgotten- but now that I'm being reminded, it's just a huge breath of fresh air... I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I probably sound so stupid, too. I'm sorry, I'm just really happy," he laughed.

"You don't have to be sorry. I'm happy too."

Wil looked at me and smiled, gently putting a piece of my hair behind my ear before he laid his hand on my cheek, caressing it a bit with his thumb. He continued to look at me. I'm not sure for how long, but I didn't mind. It allowed me to look right back at him and just admire him and his soft features. Those tired brown eyes and fluffy brown curls, his pale skin, and his puffy, pink lips. He was slightly biting his bottom lip, something he often did as he was deep in thought.

Not wanting to spook him out of his thoughts, I mumbled softly: "Hey. What're you thinking about?"

His eyes found mine again. "Right now?"

"No, yesterday when you were on the plane on your way here," I joked, chuckling. "Yes, right now, my love."

He chuckled too, shaking his head a bit. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Uh-oh. What did I do?"

"Nothing," he chortled. "I was just... I had a thought the other day. I was thinking about that."

I waited a moment for him to continue and elaborate, but he didn't, so I looked at him. "And?"

"And... I was wondering why we didn't just move you out here, y'know?"

"Well, we probably didn't do that because I kept it a secret from you, so-"

He interrupted me with a quiet laugh. "I guess."

It was quiet again for a moment. "You really want me to move in with you?"

"Psh," he shook his head again as he got out of bed. "I dunno. It was just a thought."

"Wil, that'd be a lot of work and money, which I don't exactly have right now. And I just got all of my stuff moved and moving it all again, but this time overseas? It'd be so much."

He frowned. "Yeah. Yeah, no, you're right. It was just an idea. If you think it's too soon or you don't want to-"

"Hey, I didn't say that I didn't want to, Wilbur."

Wil shrugged, looking through his closet. "No, it's okay, really. Um, I think I'm gonna go get ready now, yeah? Take a shower and stuff."

It was now my turn to frown. "We can talk about it more later if you want."

"We don't have to, Vee. It's okay. If you need a shower, too, you're more than welcome to join me. If you want," he added, quickly walking out of the bedroom with his clothes.

I let out a sigh. I didn't mean for it to come across as if I didn't want to live with him. I especially didn't mean to upset him either. And as much as I did want to shower with him, I know that if I did, he'd still only be thinking about the conversation and the tension would be unbearable for me. With that thought, I decided I'd stay in here instead to get ready, giving him time and space to clear his head. I'll think about all of this more later before I bring it back up again. For now, I'm going to forget that the conversation happened and make certain that we have a great day with Tommy and Tubbo.