An extra step needed

Makoto's p.o.v

Kamakura's voice boomed onto the corners of the school. The plan already being in session I assume.

Entered the gym seeing the others fill up the area. Enoshima acted like they were probably not the main attraction. Attraction? Attention?

The point is they were the main focus of it all.

Kirigiri was by my side throughout the whole thing. Celeste walked in our direction to whisper at her.

I zoned out through the whole thing until a loud thump hit the wooden floor.

Through the corner of my eye, I saw Byakuya walk out of the side of the curtain. The willpower to not run at him was hard.

However, the look on my Omega's face made me look at the source of the noise.

Enoshima was on the floor, choking as the liquid was spewing out.

Huh?

Instantly I saw Ikusaba run towards Enoshima's side, putting her hand on her neck.

"She is still breathing," with a sigh.

Wait, I thought you were helping us.

Quickly, Enoshima's hand struck Ikusaba's side, groaning in pain as she took out a bloodied knife.

She stood up, laughing as in a way of defeat on our faces. Most of the students wouldn't know what was going on, seemed that the plan was secret.

"You thought I would die with poison! Boring!"

The rest of the students took a step back, seeming that they struck with a knife they may have other weapons.

"Pupupupu~ Dear sister, to betray me in such a way, the despair it brings me!"

Turning around like a pop star in their opening act, they looked at Kamakura with a wide grin.

"And you as well senpai~ Letting Kuya over there free, what the hell is wrong with you!?"

I wasn't able to properly comprehend her feelings. Was it despair? Happiness? Sadness?

"Give up Enoshima," Kirigiri spoke, stepping forwards towards the Alpha.

"If I die, everyone else would as well! Outside is no better than here!"

What does she know about the outside? Locking us in for what? To kill?

"We will get out!" I shouted.

Everyone stared at me. I had enough of her. She will not bring this down. We are so close.

"Pupupupu~ Despair will overtake you all once you step out!"

Spreading her arms to reach for a huge hug she stepped backward. The sound of a click was heard and rapidly spears shit towards them.

Her whole body is filled with holes by the spears. Gasping surrounded the air.

Instead of a face of shock, she smiled. Finally, words hit us all.

What was the point of even fighting back if she was going to die by her trap?

With her final breath she fell, the spear lounged onto their back hitting deeper as they fell.

She was gone.

Dead.

"Ikusaba!" Kirigiri shouted, being followed by Celeste.

Her arms were put around both girls as she cringed at the pain in her side.

I turned to quickly look at Byakuya, his eyes frighten at the events.

Instinctively running towards him to comfort the scared Omega.

Climbing the stage stairs, I leaped into him.

It was warm, like familiar.

Everything was gone.

We are safe now.

"Everyone follow me," Kamakura spoke as he walked off the stage and headed towards the gym door.

Everything felt like a dream.

I promised myself to protect him.

Whatever is out there, I will keep him by my side.

With the dark hallways seeming to take forever, a sudden bright light lit the area.

The other side is something unrecognizable.