Eight8

☻♡

☻♡

Eight8

Sitting on the edge of the bed that he shared with Mary, Ashton silently sat there in shock. With shaky hands, Ashton gripped onto his hair as he let out all the panicking and painful cries.

What did I do? What the HELL did I do?

Ashton didn't know what to do or how to even process the new reality of his life. Of Luke's life. Of Mary's life.

He was so utterly screwed.

"Ashton?" The only person who had a possibility of calming him down suddenly called out his name.

"Here..." Ashton said, but realized that he said it way too quietly, "Here!"

Thankfully Luke must have heard his response the second time, since Ashton heard his heavy footsteps climbing up the stairs.

"Hey, how did it go?" Luke asked when he entered the room, but his eyes then narrowed worriedly onto Ashton's state.

Rushing towards the distressed male, Luke bent down to be at eye level with the crying one. Grabbing the other into a tight hug, Luke tried to coax Ashton down even though he had no idea what was happening.

Just this morning they were talking about the new positive reality of their lives together. Twenty minutes ago he got a text from Ashton that told him to come here, letting Luke know that he had already spoken to Mary.

He thought that this was going to be a happy reunion, but it seemed to be the complete opposite now that he was sat here with a sobbing Ashton.

"I-It all happened so fast, Luke." Ashton said obviously in shock as he slowly pulled away from Luke's arms.

Luke's eyes only widened more when he saw blood covering Ashton's hands, "Why is there blood, Ash?"

"B-Bathroom." Ashton cried out shakily and gripped tightly onto his hair again.

Luke slowly stood back onto his feet, turning around to start walking into the bathroom that was connected to Ashton's and Mary's bedroom.

Opening the door, Luke instantly felt a jolt of fear and darkness within his chest. There was blood dripping down the edge of the counter's edge alongside a pool of blood on the ground next to the body of Mary.

There were also handprints and footprints in the blood, meaning that Ashton had to of been responsible for this. There was no way to avoid that conclusion, even Luke couldn't come up with some irrational excuse for this.

Slowly walking back into the bedroom where Ashton was still sobbing, Luke tried to quickly come up with what to do.

It was so utterly messed up, but Luke knew who Ashton was. This was a complete freak accident and he knew that Ashton would never do this on purpose.

But Ashton beat him into speaking up first, "I'm over with, Luke. You should leave."

"What?" Luke asked in disbelief when he saw Ashton look up at him still from the edge of the bed.

"I killed her." He cried out with endless tears pouring out, "I'm done with. You can't go down with me."

"I don't care." Luke shook his head as he stepped forwards in order to grab Ashton's bloodied hands into his clean ones, "What did you tell me this morning? We'll always have each other. Forever, no matter what."

"That was before this fucking happened!" Ashton whined out, feeling so ashamed and guilty in himself.

Ashton told Mary about the truth of Luke. Like any ordinary and loyal wife would do, she freaked out. Rightfully so.

An argument ensued and violent words were exchanged. Ashton really didn't want this kind of discussion about the reality of their ending marriage, leading up to him going into the bathroom to grab a few necessities from therein order to leave.

Mary followed him in there, staring to grab the things out of Ashton's hands and putting them back. No matter how much Ashton tried to explain that he was leaving, Mary would only keep grabbing his things or start grabbing at him.

Ashton suddenly snapped, pushing her too harshly away from him. She lost her balance, since she didn't expect that from her husband. And from there on it all happened so fast.

She slammed her head against the edge of the counter from the fall, cracking her skull and spewing the blood instantly. Ashton completely freaked out, trying to help her with the best of his abilities.

But only after the insistent screams and shakes was when Ashton came to terms that Mary was dead. He had killed her.