Epilogue

☻♡

☻♡

Epilogue

"Thank you for taking me here." Ashton said softly as he stared out into the dark distance.

"Anything." Luke said honestly from Ashton's side. He would always be at Ashton's side, no matter what. He already proved his loyalty to this statement.

Both stood on the edge of a cliff that showed the perfect view of an open and dangerous ocean. It was in the middle of the night, so the only source of light were the stars and the half full moon.

But the loud sounds of the rough waves slapping against each other was overbearing. They were just like Ashton's and Luke's sudden new lives; it become violent so quickly.

"It's the end, Luke." Ashton said softly, "I'm over."

"Stop saying that. We will fix this." Luke said as he reached his right hand over to interlock with Ashton's left.

"It can't be fixed. As much as we wish that it could be it can't."

"I love you, Ashton. I won't let this destroy you. I won't let this destroy us." Luke tightened his grip on Ashton's hand.

"Even when I murdered my wife?" Ashton asked with pain littered in his voice, "Even when I did something so terrible you'd still be with me?"

"I'm here right now, am I not?"

Ashton bit his lip sharply in order to give him a distraction from all the other pain. He felt so much guilt for killing Mary. And he felt so much guilt for having to put Luke through this.

"I promised you the future and I gave you this." Ashton said sadly, "I'm so sorry, Luke."

"Hey..." Luke said softly as he pulled Ashton's side into his own to connect them in a longing side hug, "You're all that I need, Ash. As long as you're mine then there's no reason to be sorry."

"You deserve so much. You deserve a future with so much love and so much care. The world owes you for just being yourself." Ashton said as he stared out at the moon.

"The world doesn't owe me anything because I already have everything that I need. I've haven't told you this yet, but I realized when we were apart that you're the only one who has made me feel like I completely belonged. With you, I'm me. I'm home when I'm with you, Ash."

"And what I realized..." Ashton took in a deep breathe, "I realized that you're my blue."

"I'm your blue?" Luke asked confused.

"I love your eyes, Luke. They're the most beautiful shade of blue that I have ever seen. Seeing the color blue when we were apart was so hard because it always reminded me of you. Especially the ocean...It's because of the darkness to it, but also due to the glistening of the waves whenever the sun or moon reflects perfectly against it."