I Need You To Trust Me

My strategy was to have the same kind of conversation with Taehyung as I had with Luna. I didn't want to start with the fact the team was led by Namjoon, Taehyung would most definitely get defensive immediately and not be open for the reasons to why this was an important position.

I had started with cooking the food. Taehyung had indicated he was late today. Even though I was aware of the fact he would be late, I was getting impatient. It was that feeling of knowing you had to have a conversation and you would rather get it over with instead of waiting.

Finally he came home and I put the meals on plates. We needed to eat first anyways and afterwards I would talk to him. I did all my best to engage in a normal conversation throughout dinner. Asking about his work, which he indicated was busy lately.

After dinner we washed the dished together, Taehyung had put on some background music. We usually did that while doing the dishes, I guess in a way to make it more fun. 

This was the moment I had been waiting for.

     'So I was scanning for vacancies again today' I indicated.

Taehyung looked up at me, as I asked him out of nowhere. 

     'Ah very good, was there anything? like at the university?' Taehyung asked interested.

     'Actually there was'

      'Oh what was it?'

      'So it is a student research assistant at the art department. It is this big paper they wish to publish and they need support.'

    'That's perfect!' Taehyung exclaimed happily.

    'Uhm. It is indeed the perfect position and it will open a lot of doors for a PHD' I murmured.

    'So what's the catch?' he suddenly asked out of nowhere.

    'What do you mean?'

     'Babe, I am your boyfriend, I know you. I know that you are nervous about something. What you told me so far sounds perfect so if there isn't a catch you would have been ecstatic.'

He really was my person.

I took a deep breath

    'The team will be led by Kim Namjoon.'

Taehyung looked confused.

     'Is that even allowed as he is your teacher?'

     'Yes, it's different and in a week he won't be my teacher anymore actually.'

     'So another way to stay in contact with him?'

    'That's not the point, you can see that right?' I answered and he grunted 'I would prefer another team leader as well' I added.

     'Does it have to be a job in which you will work together with him?' Taehyung asked frustrated.

    'There are no other vacancies Tae, like I said it would give me so much more chances for a PhD.'

He growled to show his displeasure.

     'I guess I can't really tell you not to, but I want to be clear about the fact I am not a fan of this plan.'

    'Yes and I can imagine that. besides, it's not even certain I'll get it'

Taehyung shrugged 'Chance is likely you'll get it if he is the one to select the person.'

My mouth fell open and I balled my hands into fists. The way he put an emphasis on "he", indicated something I was not happy with.

     'Are you insinuating that I will get the job only because I slept with him?'

It made me so angry, that that was the first thing he would say. not, I don't know, assure me it's because I am a good choice.

     'No of course not'

    'It surely sounded like it' I snapped back. 

Taehyung looked guilty and he probably realised he was in the wrong here.

     'I am sorry. That came out the wrong way y/n, it's just.. you know how guys are.'

    'No apparently I do not. Besides Namjoon is definitely not that type.'

    'oh ofcourse he isn't and you know him so well?' Taehyung snapped back annoyed.

I rolled my eyes.

     'as I recall you got mad at me for suggesting something like that when you were my teacher, remember? and you said you wished I didn't doubt my own intelligence and ability. Apparently I have to reexamine that statement'

     'That's not fair' Taehyung exclaimed.

I didn't respond because it was indeed not fair but I was angry.

We stared at each other, both visibly upset. He then sighed deeply

      'Look I am sorry, you know I think you are amazing and they would be stupid not to take you. It just annoys me that it has to be with him.'

I walked his way and I put my arms around his waist looking up at him.

      'I know and I understand. Like I said I would like to see it differently too. but I need you to trust me Tae. '

He also put his arms around me in an embrace.

     'I do love, but him on the other hand, I do not know, so I also do not trust.'

     'Just please don't worry about it. I won't even work with him that much I will work with someone else.'

    'How do you know?' he asked puzzled.

    'I talked to Namjoon after class about the vacancy.'

Taehyung let go of me 'why didn't you tell me that immediately?'

    'I wanted to but then you insulted me' I raised my eyebrow and Taehyung looked away.

    'Basically, I wanted to first know if I would work with him a lot because I thought about how it wouldn't be nice for you as well.' I pouted

He flicked my nose 'okay, look I don't like the idea but I cannot deny that it is exactly the opportunity you need which we have discussed together.'

I softened, and then I kissed his lips.

    'I love you'

he let out a moan. 'you'd better' he said while pushing me closer to him.

Taehyung pov

I couldn't sleep. y/n was vast asleep in my arms but not me, I knew what bothered me and it was to such an extent I couldn't get a decent night rest.

"I need you to trust me Tae" she had said.

I didn't want to ruin this opportunity for her. In a way I disliked my own insecurities but when I came to learn she did have that weekend romance with someone it seemed different than what she shared with those other two. She talked about him in high regard. and mainly if a guy could impress her in less than let's say 12 hours it was in her case special.

I sighed again while I scanned her peaceful face and her angelic features. It was the fear of losing her that made me so restless. 

Why did that guy have to be her teacher and now possibly a colleague?