No Good

Taehyung pov

The entire weekend since y/n left, I hardly left the bed. I just laid there and that was even painful as I missed her presence next to me. Her little snores and the warmth of her skin as she would sometimes roll over against me.

On Monday I went to university. I couldn't lose my job as well, I wouldn't be able to live through that, I mean losing both y/n and my job. I had a conversation with the dean trying to explain my side of the story. Luckily she believed me, plus Maya wasn't officially my student anymore so it wasn't against the rules, just "unconventional" as she described it.

I finished my first class and it was notable everyone had heard the rumors or rather, everyone had seen the picture by now. It was just embarrassing and painful. It really wasn't what it looked like, yet I had a pretty convincing picture against me. I was packing my things and left towards the hallway.

I was immediately met by Maya.

       'Mr Kim, can I please speak to you?' she asked in a begging tone. Probably she was like that because I had ignored all her messages since that moment.

      'Please leave' I stated calmly, I saw already some students eyeing us.

       'Look I am really sorry, I had no idea that picture was taken, I swear.

Her eyes were big and apologetic.

      'I am sorry if it caused any problems with y/n.'

I tensed up when she mentioned y/n.

She stepped closer but that the same time I took a step back.

      'I just truly love you, I think about you all the time and I know I can be right for you. During our late night sessions it wasn't just me. There was something between the two of us.'

      'Just stop' I said but in a stern way. I stared into her eyes, trying to calm my anger.

      'Even if y/n decides not to forgive me, I will never ever date you. The only thing I see now when looking at you is the person that caused a riff between me and the love of my life. It wasn't a bond or connection we shared, it was naivety from my side because to me it was so far from feelings that I didn't see any danger in it.'

Maya's expression turned into pure heartbreak but I couldn't care less honestly, so I passed without a second glance.

y/n pov
I was staying at Jimins and Luna's. They were really really sweet when I arrived and they also gave me my alone time to kind of process what happened. In all honesty it was a bit difficult for Jimin, he wanted to be there for me but he also wanted to be there for his friend. Taehyung was devastated when I had left and that turned a bit into panic, and in that panic he had of course called his best friend. Jimin acknowledged that Taehyung made a mistake by not telling me but are you really ending a long friendship over a mistake? I did understand that, it wasn't easy, also because spending time with Jimin and Luna was actually always in combination with spending time with Taehyung.

And in the end Jimin visited Taehyung that Friday night, to calm him down. I was not angry about it perhaps even the opposite. The fact Taehyung did this didn't mean I suddenly stopped loving him or that I didn't care for him, so that worry that Jimin was feeling was something I definitely shared.

Days passed which turned into more than a week. I didn't feel better, I hardly ate and hardly slept. Luna tried everything to make me feel happier but it was in vain. The most frustrating part was also that all my friends and family knew Taehyung for a long time already. There was nobody who wasn't involved with both us, except perhaps my colleagues and therefore I sought most comfort in spending time with them. Plus I felt at ease, especially at times when Namjoon was there as well.

Our mutual friends would only act surprised and indignant, they were so certain that Taehyung would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship because he was so evidently in love with me.

Everyone was the same with the exception of Jackson.. he of course also took this as an opportunity to point out that he was right all along, Taehyung was no good.

I wasn't just losing my boyfriend, it felt like losing my best friend and roommate and suddenly I was all by myself. I couldn't really talk with family or friends about it, I couldn't do anything.

Taehyung messaged frequently and I didn't completely ignore him but I also didn't respond to everything, and never in great detail. I had decided to put all my time and focus on my studies and the work of the side job. It was a much appreciated distraction.

As I looked outside the window I saw the campus was as good as deserted by now. it was 19:45 so it made sense, classes ended already hours ago and teachers went home to enjoy their dinners and like free evenings.

Not me.. I stayed here, working.

There was a knock on the door and Namjoon appeared

      'y/n I think it's time to go.'

      'I didn't know there was still someone around' I replied confused. he chuckled 'I had some papers to mark, but you know it's almost 8, time to go home and enjoy your spare time.'

I shrugged, I wasn't too eager to go to Luna's. They were welcoming, but Jimin was still Taehyungs best friend and I noticed that he also still had a hard time being in between. Sheltering me while Taehyung apparently was still having a very hard time as well.

I eventually shook my head but before I could even come up with an excuse to why I wanted to stay here Namjoon already continued.

      'Humor me y/n, otherwise I will feel guilty that I am not the last to leave.'

I smiled at him

       'with arguments like that, how I can I not give in?'

He smiled as well, 'I'll walk you out' he then suggested and I nodded while gathering my stuff. 

I quickly got up, too quickly it seemed because my vision became blurry and dark spots covered my eyes. In the far distance I heard Namjoons voice calling out my name, and then the impact of the ground hit me.