My World

I was numb, doing nothing really. Waiting for Taehyung to come home. I just sat on the couch. Minutes passed, heck a whole hour passed but I didn't notice, I didn't feel anything. The picture kept popping up in my mind and I hated it. I wished I could just cast it out, block the image all together.

Finally there was the sound of the unlocking of the door. A sound that normally would send joy throughout my body knowing Taehyung came home, but now for the first time it gave me the opposite feeling. I stood up from the couch and as he appeared I stared at him expressionless.

      'I can explain everything, it's really a misunderstanding' Taehyung pleaded with sad eyes.

I scoffed, I couldn't really refrain from doing that considering it was such a cliché.

My silence seemed to be a sign to Taehyung that he could continue with his story.

       'Maya wanted to review the exhibition, like things that went well and things we could have done better next time. So we did that and then we said our goodbyes and she out of nowhere kissed me. I pushed her away but you can't see that in the picture. but it really wasn't a kiss'

After he was done he looked at me with anticipation.

      'oh out of nowhere?' I only answered.

       'What?'

       'You said she kissed you out of nowhere yet I told you after the exhibition that she said she was going after you.'

Taehyung stepped closer but simultaneously I stepped backwards.

       'Y/n, I made a mistake I was too naive, I am sorry about that but I didn't cheat I swear, i would have never gone there if I had known what her intentions were.'

He stepped closer again but just as before I took a step back.

       'Why didn't you tell me?'

He didn't answer but stared at me a bit lost.

       'This happened a week ago' I added and there was a short silence.

      'I didn't tell you because it meant nothing. like I said I pushed her away'

I shook my head 'so if this picture didn't come out you would have never told me?'

      'It is not important, it didn't mean anything. I was scared you'd think otherwise.' he tried to explain, but there was no way I could understand that reasoning. 

      'How can you say that its not important? You withheld this from me for a week! I need someone I can trust. Don't you understand? Now I will be anxious whenever you are alone with a student because you won't tell me if something happens. People make mistakes and we can choose to forgive them, I believe your version of the story, I really do but I cannot get over the fact you chose not to tell me' I let it all out and rattled on.

       'I mean when I saw the picture the first thing I considered was how you probably worked "overtime" to spent time with her'

       'No ofcourse not. I felt bad about what happened and I didn't know what to do'

       'How can I know that if you don't communicate with me?' I raised my voice in incomprehension.

Another silence.

      'Besides, why did you even go there? to that café I mean.'

He looked at me puzzled 'because we needed a place to discuss the event.'

A frown formed on my face.

       'off university grounds? was there seriously no part of you, no second doubt about why you didn't go to a café on university grounds? there are enough of those.'

Taehyung opened his mouth but then closed it, and I saw it in his eyes. He didn't have any answer, no answer that would justify that decision.

       'You scolded me for having dinner with Namjoon in the university's cafeteria when we worked over hours. don't you think that's hypocritical of you? considering you went for coffee with a student alone off university grounds.'

Another silence, it seemed that Taehyung was already defeated, or at least his body language suggested it, as his confidence broke and he mainly pleaded.

         'y/n words can't explain how sorry I am, I have been foolish and I made a mistake. I love you so much' his eyes teared up 'you need to understand, please forgive me.'

My eyes teared up as well, it was always hard to see Taehyung in such a state.

I crossed my arms, pushing them closer to my body while my shoulders lifted.

          'I can't' I eventually let out.

Because after talking about it, the various ways in which he had betrayed my trust I wasn't ready to forgive him just like that.

        'What?'

        'I will be staying at Jimins and Lunas, I think it's better if we take some time apart from each other'

He now came closer and put his arms around me.

       'Please don't do this y/n, we can work through this, we.. we have to. You are my world'

I shook my head against his chest, the tears flowing over my cheeks. He was my world as well, my best friend, my roommate, my family. and that made it even more that I couldn't just forgive him.

I wasn't sure if I ever could, I needed time to figure that out.

Time by myself.

I moved his arms from my waist so that he wasn't hugging me anymore and I took a step back.

       'I need to pack a few things now. Could you please just give me a moment' my voice was trembling and there were a few cracks even though I tried to sound as strong as possible.

He now completely broke down crying but he nodded his head.

I went into our shared bedroom and I took out a bag. I tried to do everything as fast as possible because staying here only hurt me more and more. Taehyung's crying echoed from the living room and it truly shattered my heart. I don't think I have ever experienced him this broken.

Eventually I was standing at the front door with the packed bag in my hand. Taehyung stood in front of me. He honestly looked like a wreck. There was a physical distance between us and he didn't try to hug me anymore, or beg me to stay. instead he took a deep breath:

       'I will give you time and space, and it's up to you y/n but I swore to you, that day in the park I'll never leave again, and I won't if you will have me again.'

My heart clenched at his words, also because for a moment it took me back to that perfect day we had together in the park. Where I told him I loved him and where for a moment I did see our future together again. '

I took a deep breath and I opened the door. I turned my head to look at the man I love one last time before I would make my leave.

'Goodbye Taehyung' 

----

Authors note: this was actually quite a difficult part to write so I hope you like it. Let me know what you think of it so far:)