Home Again (Final)

'y/n?'

Taehyung's initial response was confusion.

I didn't say anything but still stared ahead, not even into his eyes.

     'You are completely drenched, please come inside' he then said. It was true my hair was like a plaster on my face and everything was wet, my clothes even my socks.

     'What are you doing here?' he asked sequentially, I still hadn't said anything. Then he rushed to our bedroom and returned with a big towel.

      'Y/n, what's going on? you're scaring me' he said while wrapping the towel around me.

       'Wait, did you walk here?' He rattled on worried putting his hand on my cheek but I now looked down.

I still didn't respond. 'Let me order some food for you, like soup. and please just, you can change into something dry.' Taehyung made his way to the bedroom again, probably to get me some dry clothes.

        'He kissed me' I eventually let out still dazed. Taehyung stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me. There was this broken expression on his face.

        'Namjoon?' he asked in a fragile tone. 

        'No' I almost whispered, 'it was Jin' I said it with the same shock that I was experiencing. I was staring at the ground.

       'What?'

       'I didn't see it coming at all, it was so out of nowhere.'

Now I looked straight into Taehyung's eyes.

        'Like you said.'

Taehyung didn't say anything.

         'I just..... I was walking and I guess I ended up here to tell you I get it now. I don't get why you didn't tell me.... but that something like that could happen.... I see that now'

It took some time for Taehyung to respond, I guess all the information was a bit overwhelming and my visit was very unexpected.

He came closer to me and I didn't really move but I did look him in the eyes.

He sighed and cupped my face 'I know I should have told you.... You asked me that day what I was thinking when I went off campus. and honestly I think I was just so frustrated and insecure about the whole Namjoon thing and I thought I could show you you had nothing to worry about, that Maya didn't mean it that way and if you can do it why couldn't I? or rather I wanted to say that to myself. and I guess after it happened I didn't tell you because I was too afraid to lose you. Eventually that came back to haunt me but I truly did push her away and it didn't mean anything. But I should have told you directly.'

I looked away, honestly in the past few weeks I had thought of the reasons of his behavior and these certainly were ones that I also considered so it wasn't entirely nonsensical.

        'Namjoon told me you talked to him'

I didn't in any way reply to his story. I was just getting everything out that I had thought of during my walk here.

      'He did?'

I nodded 'why didn't you tell me that?'

       'Because your health was the priority, I didn't want you to be bothered by me. I indeed caused that pain and I wanted to help you.'

He put each of his hands on one side of my shoulder, it was a way to comfort me but his face quickly changed into shock.

       'y/n, you are trembling like crazy'

Indeed, during our conversation I became really cold, like the wetness of all my clothes started to send shivers throughout my body. I trembled because of it. but I didn't care because I was so numb.

       'You should take a hot shower y/n, and dress in dry clothes, we can talk afterwards too.' he indicated.

He did have a point so I nodded in agreement and slowly made the way to our bathroom.

After my shower I walked into the living room where Taehyung was. In the meantime it seemed he ordered soup, because it was ready for me to eat.

         'Here you should eat something y/n' he indicated while standing in the kitchen.

         'Thank you' 

Instead of taking a seat I walked over to him putting my arms around him for a hug. He first stood frozen, probably not understanding what was happening but slowly his arms wrapped around my waist. He put his head on my shoulder and then there was a minor shock in his movement and I heard a silent weeping. I pulled back and saw how tears were flowing over his cheeks

        'Hey what's wrong?' I asked while wiping the tears from his face.

He stared at me,

        'I wasn't sure if I could hold you in my arms like this ever again, and I just really miss you.'

My eyes teared up as well and my heart clenched at his words. It hurt me to see him so fragile again.

I slowly leaned forwards until my lips landed on his. It was a tender and sweet kiss.

It was short yet it was one of the most meaningful that we shared, as it was an utterance of our emotions.

I pulled back and caressed his cheek.

       'I really missed you too'

He gave me a soft smile and then pointed at the soup.

       'Time to eat before it gets cold.'

I chuckled 'yes sir'

I sat down and started with the soup. Taehyung just silently watched me eating, it was a bit odd but also comfortable I guess. After a few spoons he broke the silence,

       'How are you feeling, not cold anymore?' Taehyung asked

I looked up to meet his gaze, I took some time to answer. Eventually I softly smiled at him

      'I feel like I'm home again'

It was true, being with him was feeling like I was finally home again.

Yes, Tae made a mistake but nobody would be in a long relationship if you break up over every mistake.

Relationships are hard work and ask for compromises. Evaluating the past few weeks it became clear that it wasn't a lack of love from Taehyungs side and neither was I able to stay angry at him for what happened.

This was another obstacle our relationship had to overcome, but I was willing to work on it and it seemed, so was he. 

----

Authors note: sooo this is actually the final! I will post an epilogue as well to see what happened to the couple but I felt this was the right ending to this story. I really hope you like it as well and many thanks for reading it!