15

It was nothing but a fancy house hidden in the forest

It was nothing but a fancy house hidden in the forest. It wasn't guarded, and the only cameras he had found, were fake. And a sign saying private property was most definitely not keeping anyone out.

This must be the lowest Hydra has ever been, there were barely any security there. It was insulting, he was convinced if Ward or von Strucker had been alive to witness it, they would commit suicide to escape from the shame of HYDRAs downfall.

He had scouted the area, realizing there weren't that many people visiting the house. He wondered what exactly was it that they trying to cook up in there? Probably trying to scout out new people, trying to bring it alive again.

He could go the easy way and blow it all up, make sure they all burned in the flames.

Or, he could enter the building and demand they give him some answers. He hoped the people from the last base wouldn't magically appear again. He was convinced they weren't with HYDRA, but they were strong. And he, as much as it pained him to say it, was lucky he had managed to injure one of them, making the second agent stay behind.

He was also convinced he had blown them up, but he couldn't be too sure. Besides, he had stabbed and poisoned the one in a blue suit.

He had left the dog locked a couple of miles down the road, in a cabin, her leg needed to heal. He realized fast that the dog didn't heal as fast as he did, it would be unfair to even bring her to a place like this.

He frowned at himself, was it really necessary for him to take the mutt? He promised himself to get rid of it the first chance he found, until then, she would have to stay with him.

He rounded the corner, stealthily running up the stairs to the back balcony, keeping his back towards the wall so there would be a smaller chance of someone jumping him. The weather was scorching hot, he could feel the sweat running down the side of his temple and into the scarf that covered half of his face.

The door as open, long curtains flowing in the warm breeze.

Will frowned, such carelessness was so unusual. A couple of cars on the driveway weren't even hidden, just parked there. For a brief moment he started wondering if it really was a HYDRA base. It was modernized, sure, but there was no surveillance, no guards. Nothing.

But he got his confirmation when he heard someone walking towards the open door, speaking hurriedly.

"No, Bran. I told you I won't be home today, maybe tomorrow. Yes, yes babe. Things are crazy in the office. No! How many times do I have to tell you I'm not cheating on you!-" the man walked out to the balcony, taking a drag of his cigarette as he rolled his eyes to the sky.

Oblivious to the burly man standing right next to the open door, not even attempting to hide himself. The white lab coat gave it away, Will had indeed found a right place. The ugly red logo almost screamed attention.