30

WARNING: blood in the upcoming chapter.

William woke up in an unfamiliar environment once again

William woke up in an unfamiliar environment once again. He tried to hold back an annoyed growl when he was met with three cement walls and one glass one. With a bitter thought it seemed to him as if he was an exhibition in a zoo.

When he shifted to his side, he could hear the small sound of chains clinking together. He closed his eyes at the dull headache that seemed to hammer away behind closed lids, scoffing when the situation at hand made fear and a tinge of terror shoot through him. This was all too familiar and he didn't know why.

He didn't know why.

Which was once again an unpleasant reminder how little he still knew.

Lately the screaming people in his dreams had decided to remain gone, which was another concern of his. They usually accompanied him wherever he went, but now the dreams seemed lack of any familiarity. The absence of green eyes, the feeling of rumbling earth beneath his feet and blurry figures charging towards him through the smoke had convinced him that those were memories and not just dreams. And he wanted them all back, no matter how painful or how confusing, he needed those haunting nightmares like he needed air.

As much as he hated the pain and the never ending deaths, it made him feel like a human being not just something illegal cooked up underground.

He pushed himself up slowly, sliding off the soft bed he had been laying on. Instead, he seated himself down on the ground, leaning against the wall and propping up his leg to rest his elbows on it.

He was wary of this place, but he noted the warm floors and soft, grey cotton shirt and sweats he was wearing. Too comfortable. He noted a clear updated on the handcuffs as they now looked more robust and felt heavier around his wrists.

He frowned at the pinching in his stomach, the dull ache that spoke of hunger and starvation. It had been quite awhile since his last meal.

Which reminded him bitterly that he still had to find a way out to get to Dog. How long had he been stuck in this facility?

He listened intently as footsteps neared his holding cell, coming to a stop at the glass wall to slid a plate through a small opening.

Even after the person was gone, he refused to move closer to the food. He couldn't deny the moutwatering aroma that seemed to only get stronger in the small room.

Still, he wouldnt eat. He needed the dog but he would never want her to be stuck like him. Even animals didn't deserve to be locked in a four walled room with no way out.

To his utmost disappointment, he was not left alone for too long.

His eyes tracked the woman's movements as she became to a stop behind the glass, this time, being a lot smarter and not invading his personal space by getting up in his face.