22

Being in the same car as Tony, was simply put, horrifying

The man had turned on the music, making screeching sounds hurt Will's ears as Tony himself tapped along the strong beat of the song. He didn't seem to notice William's discomfort or flinching every time another strong guitar riff shook the car.

William wasn't that much of a fan of his driving technique either, since, well, he wasn't really driving. William watched with wide eyes as most of the time Tony just sat in the driver's seat, tapping away in his phone as the car drove on autopilot.

The soldier's heart dropped every time the car turned without anyone even touching the wheel. Although Tony seemed just fine.

He would have preferred walking to the self-driving car.

It took them just half an hour to reach the city, and as soon as the houses started towering around them, William felt the familiar alertness again. His eyes kept flickering all-round, trying to see if there was someone following them or if something suspicious was happening in the streets.

"Should have packed some vodka, you need to relax, Spy. If something weird was going on I would know so take a chill pill, sit back and enjoy the ride until you-" he shuddered, "-have to use public transport."

Will leaned back slightly, finding the overly soft seat actually really uncomfortable. Dog was taking the most of it, laying in the back seat with her belly up as her tail kept thumping against the door every once in a while.

The buildings around them weren't as glamorous, flashy or tall as they were in New York. They were rather quaint and grey.

The car parked in front of a bus station, the sound of purring engine dying off as Tony finally placed his phone down. "Well, we made it."

Without waiting for a reply, he exited the car and moved towards the trunk. William followed suit, though he scanned the windows and rooftops before going to stand beside Tony.

"There, your stuff. Besides all those grenades of course. Can't let you run around the city with explosives." he said nonchalantly, tossing Will his bag that he caught with ease.

Will's eyes hardened at that, he needed his guns. Though he would find new ones, he wanted his guns.

"Give them back." he said roughly, glaring at Tony as he seemed to look for something in the car.

"Nah, have a leash instead." he replied, straightening up as he held a black leash out for Will. His blue eyes kept flickering between the leash and Tony.

He didn't want a leash, he wanted his grenades back.

The man let out a weird noise from the back of his throat, rolling his eyes as he turned around on the balls of his feet. "Come on, out you get." he said to the dog as he opened the back door of the sleek black car.