07

Steve growled out in frustration, closing the file as he leaned back into the soft couch

Steve growled out in frustration, closing the file as he leaned back into the soft couch. What happened William? What did you do? The questions were endless, they seemed to be in his mind days and nights, and it was starting to become a daily distraction.

"You look troubled." He tilted his head, looking at the woman standing in the doorway, studying him, analysing the emotions on his face, green eyes landing on the file that Steve immediately collected from the table. This had nothing to do with any missions, it was private.

"You've been reading this thing the whole day, complicated mission?" Steve dropped the folder into his lap, resting his hand on top almost protectingly. "Yes, " It wasn't completely a lie, so Natasha didn't ask any further. If she wanted to, she would have the answer by the time Sam finished hiding his Haribos in the kitchen, but he sensed Steve's unwillingness to discuss the topic. "Okay, if you need it, I'd be glad to help if there's anything I can do." He nodded, offering her a small smile. "It's fine, thanks Tasha." 

"Are you coming to eat dinner with the rest of the crew tonight? Heard Bruce wanted to introduce some new Hawaiian dishes he discovered during his last trip." Steve shook his head before Natasha had even finished, making the woman even more curious. "No, I'll pass." he stood up, stretching his hands over his head and Natasha couldn't help but let her eyes linger on the exposed skin that was smooth, muscular and slightly tanned. Steve tugged the plain grey shirt back down, oblivious to the stare. "You sure?" she was met with a nod. 

"Alright, I'll save you some then, never know when you might get hungry." 

"I appreciate it, thank you." he grabbed the file, making eye-contact with Bucky who had been looking the exchange with interest. "See you tomorrow Nat." he walked past her, her green eyes following him as they flickered on Bucky for a second before looking back at the folder in Steve's hands. 

They walked in silence, heading towards the elevator that could take them three floors up to Steve's room. As the elevator doors closed, Bucky allowed the smirk to appear on his chiselled face. 

"Don't." Steve warned, only resulting Buckys grin to widen. "She fancies you." Steve huffed, avoiding Bucky's knowing gaze as he tried to get rid of the nervousness. "No Buck, she's just a friend. A good friend." 

"Yes, of course, like the ones I used to have back in the 40s Steve. Seriously, can you not see it? You're so oblivious to some things." the doors opened and Steve was the first to step out.

"No, can you drop it? There's nothing there, besides, she's got Banner and they are trying to work it out so I would appreciate it if you'd stop it." Bucky hummed, following Steve into his room before closing the door and making sure no one was listening in on them. "A love triangle? My, my Steve, look at you, a casanova in 21st century? who would have thought." 

"Bucky!"

"Okay, okay, no need to get a stroke you old champ"

"We are the same age."