37

William had tugged on a new pair of sweatpants and a white tank top, the only clean clothes he had left

His hair was dripping wet as he stepped out of the bathroom, refusing to look into the mirror any longer than necessary. He didn't like the face staring back at him.

Wanda was still curled up on the same spot as she was before, Dog on the other hand was standing up from her spot next to the door. It warmed his heart to realize she had been waiting for him behind the door. He slid his fingers through Dog's dark fur, eyes darting towards the half full food bowl near his bed. Someone had fed his dog while he had been passed out. He didn't like that, looking her over to make sure she wasn't showing any signs of being poisoned.

She just sat on his feet, wagging her fluffy tail as she stared up at him.

"Would you like something to drink as well? The boys are making some sandwiches downstairs, they're wondering if you want coffee or water or something?"

He dragged his gaze from Dog, looking at the woman across the room.

"No."

He said simply, walking towards the couch to sit on the other side as he had done before.

"Hope you like the room, Tony went all out again."

Will scowled, looking around once again. He didn't like it, it was too much space. He was still slightly confused as to why he was in this room and not locked up. Especially after what had happened. This whatever it was they were doing, didn't sit well with him either. Giving him back his things, letting him sleep on the bed, asking him if he's good with sandwiches. It was wrong.

"No."

He answered Wanda, there was no point in lying. Her eyes widened at that, a smirk pulling on the corners of her lips.

"Well, they kind of want to talk to you, is that alright?"

They may want to speak with him, but Will didn't feel much like talking to them. What would he say? What was there to say anyways? They'd seen him, what he had turned into. They had witnessed the hideous beast he was, he didn't want to face anyone, especially them. 

"No." 

"Is that your to-go answer to everything?" She asked with a small smile to ease the tension. 

He was a bit loss of words, so he just shook his head and slowly moved over to the couch to sit down. 

"You can leave the room if you wish although most of the doors are voice activated and I'm afraid you don't have access to those. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer those and if I'm not near, tell FRIDAY to contact me."

There was nothing but sincerity in her voice, but she did keep looking down at her phone which caused him to feel on edge a little. 

"Well, I think you are gonna have to talk to one of them." she said sympathetically, glancing up from her phone. A jolt of anxiety ran through him when Wanda stood up, folding together the fluffy blanket to rest it on the armchair.