41

Sam frowned as he came to consciousness, blinking his dark eyes open with a groan as he became face to face with Pietro whose wide eyes were too close to his liking

Sam frowned as he came to consciousness, blinking his dark eyes open with a groan as he became face to face with Pietro whose wide eyes were too close to his liking. The man was grinning, looking slightly too cheerful to see Sam awake. 

First thing Sam noticed was the windswept white hair, then he was reminded of his injuries as a wave of pain passed through his shoulder and he closed his eyes again, hoping once he opened them again there wouldn't be an annoying speedster staring down at him. It was too much to hope for because the Maximoff boy's pale face still snickered down at him. 

"I think he's starting to wake up." He liked the twins but Pietro's energy was on another level crazy, especially when it was uncalled for.  

"Was about damn time." Bucky grumbled from somewhere in the room. Sam tried to push Pietro back a little, he seemed to be oblivious to ones personal space, or maybe he just didn't care.

"Well, good morning sleeping beauty!" the young man beamed down at him as he leaned back a bit, giving Sam the breathing space he so craved. 

"Ugh, what happened?" Sam croaked out, his throat as dry as Sahara desert. He wasn't sure he remembered correctly, had his previous mission been chatting in the living room with the super duo? Was Fury aware of it? Was Natasha? It had been her mission after all. 

"You wrestled with a dog, you can guess who lost." Pietro said teasingly, sitting down on one of the chairs next to Sam's bed. He kicked the plastic chair back a little, trying to balance it as he leaned back too much but not enough to fall over. 

Bucky grumbled unhappily as he leaned against the wall, the evening sun lighting up the cold room, the golden hue making it look just a little bit happier. Sam looked up through half-lidded eyes, the pain medication doing its work as he felt slightly woozy. Though his mind was just as sharp as ever as he recalled the events leading up to him being in med bay.

"Did someone just turn into Jacob Black in our living room?"

Pietro snorted, happy with his masterful balancing skills as he closed his eyes and basked in the warm sun, all injuries he or others had gotten were long healed by now.

"Try hairy Remus Lupin instead."

"Enough you two." Bucky snapped, pushing away from the wall as he went to stand next to Pietro who had kicked his legs up onto Sam's bed.

"You two obviously have some history. What did you do?" He asked Sam who was starting to look more awake with each passing second.

"Why do you think I did anything?" Sam rolled his eyes, pushing himself up with a quiet hiss.

"So you're saying he just decided to make minced meat out of you for no reason at all?" Bucky raised an eyebrow, looking bemused. Pietro had cracked one eye open, looking curiously at the two. He was mostly oblivious to the whole situation still, it wasn't like he saw much of Steve around and Bucky was definitely not someone to share anything. In fact, he had pretty much tried to toss Pietro out and tell him to bugger off, but if Pietro Maximoff set his mind on something, there was no stopping him. And in this current situation, he really wanted to know what the drama was about. Well, he knew it involved another – and apparently a pretty hairy – superhuman.