1

I don't know why, but I feel like everyone's keeping something from me.

Lio's been distant ever since my panic attack two days ago. I don't know if it's about Him, or Jackson.

Jackson.

As much as I hated thinking about it, I don't think he's going to live.

I won't tell Lio, but I went to visit Jackson at the hospital. It took half an hour for me to convince myself to go inside.

It was terrible. I can't even-

"Jake!" Finn calls from the kitchen. "Can you come help me?"

I get up from the beanbag in the sunroom, and walk into the kitchen. Finn and Ryder are in here, Finn sitting on the island counter with a bowl of flour, and Ryder digging in the fridge.

"Hi," I say, stopping in front of Finn. "What do you need help with?"

"We're making brownies, want to help?" He chirps, grinning at me. His messy brown hair is dusted with flour, along with his face. He's not skinny, just lanky, and clumsy sometimes. He's a little taller than me, but not by much.

"Sure." I say. "What's it for?"

"Dom and Aiden come back tonight." Ryder says as he walks over with eggs and butter. He's taller than Finn and I, and his shaggy hair is dyed dark red. He has dark brown eyes, and is lean, but built."We usually make them something."

I nod, as a phone on the table buzzes. Finn hands me the bowl before hopping onto the ground.

The kitchen is probably where Finn spends most of his time. There's a big table on one side, with ten chairs, a large island in the middle, and the fridge and oven on the other.

Finn picks up his phone, and grins. "Micah and Zac will be back from work soon."

"You better hurry, then." Ryder says. "Or Micah will eat the batter."

Finn gasps, then rushes to start gathering things for the brownies.

Ten minutes later, I hear the door open. "We're back!" Micah yells.

He appears in the doorway, dropping his jacket on a chair. It misses the chair, and hits the floor. He leaves it. Micah has curly hair dyed purple that reaches his shoulders, olive skin, and silver earrings in each ear. He's the same height as Ryder, and lean and muscular.

He walks past Ryder and Finn to the liquidy brown mix on the counter.

"This looks fantastic, Finny." He says, dipping his finger in, then licking it. "Tastes great, too."

Finn shrieks. "Micah! Your hands are gross! Don't do that!"

"My hands are fine, don't you worry." He says. He turns to me. "Hey, sweets, how's it going?"

I smile. He's been calling me 'sweets' ever since Lio and I moved in here. I don't mind it. He flirts with me a lot, but doesn't actually do anything. Even though I have a boyfriend.

"I'm fine." I tell him.

He nods, then turns to Finn and Ryder again. He kisses Ryder, then Finn, and says, "Sorry for eating your delicious brownie batter."

"No you aren't." Finn grumbles. "And I know it's delicious."

"Hi, guys." Zac says as he walks in, picking up Micah's jacket from the ground. He has light skin, and long dyed blue hair tied into a low ponytail. He has long eyelashes, and freckles. He's the same height as me, and he's quiet most of the time. He goes to the same high school as me, but I haven't been back in a while.

Finn goes over to kiss him, and Micah takes the chance to taste the batter again- luckily with another finger. I pull the bowl away to pour the mix in a pan, then put that in the oven.

When I turn back to them, Micah's sitting in a chair, with Zac on his lap. Zac is talking to Finn quietly, and Ryder is putting away the ingredients.

The four of them are in a polyamorus relationship. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but it seems to go smoothly. They bicker sometimes, mostly Micah, but nothing too serious.

"Hey, sweets," Micah says. I blink, and look at him. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

"You think too much." He says, dropping his chin on Zac's shoulder. "I asked if you wanted to go to the park with us after Finn finishes the brownies. We should get back before nine."

"Oh. Sure. Are you bringing Apollo?"

He nods. Apollo is a golden retriever. I don't usually like dogs, but I can't help but like Apollo.

"I'm going to go change first," I say, heading towards the stairs.

The kitchen is to the left of the stairs, and the living room is on the right. I go up the stairs to where the bedroom's are. There are ten rooms, and a round mirror at the end of the hallway. Ryder's room is the first on the right, and Zac, Finn, and Micah usually sleep in there, or in one of their other rooms together. Lio and I share a room at the end of the hall.

The room has a big bed with plain black blankets. There's an empty desk, drawers, a nightstand, a closet, bathroom, and a big window looking out into the backyard. There's a mirror above the dresser.

I go to the closet, and change into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I glance at my reflection in the mirror.

I have curly auburn hair that hangs in my face, and bright green eyes. I've got lots of freckles, and light skin. Lio says I'm adorable, and so does Jackson.

Did. He did say that.

I sigh, and go back downstairs.