14

I've been avoiding Zac and Ryder for the past three weeks. I know that they can tell, and I know Zac feels bad, even though he doesn't know what happened. He's been at work a lot lately.

I told Ari about the dream, and what happened with Zac, Ryder, and Aaron. They said the same thing Lio said, about it's okay to love again.

Micah definitely knows something's up, but he hasn't asked. Lio's been holding off on interviews to stay at the house with me. I think he's considering working with DJ at the business he owns.

Ryder and Micah have forgiven each other. Micah shoved a box of hair dye in his hands, and walked off, and that was enough of a thank you. They both dyed their hair back.

Today, Lio and I are walking to go meet Ari at the beach. The house is farther from the beach than our old apartment, so it takes longer.

My phone rings, and I pull it out of my pocket. Finn.

"Hey, what's up?"

"J-Jake?"

I frown, stopping. "Finn? What's wrong? Are you crying?"

"W-Where are you?"

I glance at Lio. "I'm downtown, with Lio, near the beach."

"Can you-can you come to me?"

"Yeah, sure, where are you?"

"In the a-alley, by that old pawnshop."

"Finn, what happened?" I ask.

"P-Please just hurry."

"Okay, we're coming, do you want me to hang up?"

"No!" He says quickly. "Please don't."

"Okay. Just a second." I say, looking over at Lio. "Something happened with Finn."

"Where is he?" He asks.

"Trader Vintage." I tell him. "Can you text Ari, and tell them we won't make it?"

He nods, and we start walking towards the pawnshop. I stay on the phone with Finn, who is definitely crying, trying to console him, and keep him calm.

"We're here, Finn," I tell him as we reach the pawnshop. "Where are you?"

"Jake," Lio says, gesturing towards an alley on the side of the building. I gasp when I see Finn, moving over to him.

"What happened?" I ask quietly.

His eye is bruised, and his nose is bleeding, and his face streaked with tears. He's holding his arm, and his leg looks like it's broken.

"These guys jumped me," He mumbles. "I can't walk. I think my leg is broken."

"Did you call anyone?" I ask.

He looks down. "Ryder, Micah, and Zac didn't answer. I called them all at least five times."

"Did you call the hospital?"

His eyes get wide, and he grabs my hand. "Please don't call them. I don't want to go to the hospital."

"Finn, if your leg is broken-"

"Please, Jake." He whispers. "Just get me home, please."

I glance at Lio, who's tapping at his phone. "I'm calling DJ to come get you." He says.

Finn nods, closing his eyes. "Okay. Okay. Please don't take me to the hospital."

"We won't, Finn." I say, squeezing his hand. "Do you know who jumped you?"