Dreams

Asami cuddled into Korra's chest, embracing her warmth. She just got back from a long day of work and was stressed, but Korra always knew how to make her feel better.

"Sami?" Korra said.

"Hmm?"

"It hurts..."

"What hurts?" Asami asked, eyebrows furrowing together out of worry. She felt a warm liquid touch her hand and looked down, seeing blood.

"It hurts Asami."

There was a sword shoved through her stomach, and Asami sat up and started look for her phone to dial 911.

"Why did you let me die Asami?" Korra asked, voice completely distorted.

"I'm sorry, just hold on. I can save you, just please don't leave!" Asami got up and started throwing things everywhere, looking for anything that could help.

"I'm already gone. It's all your fault."

Asami looked at the bed and Korra was gone. She jumped onto the bed and starting frantically throwing the blood stained sheets everywhere.

"Korra?"

"Korra?!"

"Korra!"

Asami jolted awake, covered in a layer of cold sweat. She had to take a few deep breaths to make sure she was in the real world.

San was still asleep in her arms, curled into a ball but stirring a bit. He was in his favorite Future Industries pajamas which was a red onesie with a black gear symbol on the front. Asami had recently restarted her father's company but this time made clothing, shoes, and modified cars.

San started crying, and Asami panicked in fear that she wouldn't be able to calm him down.

She quickly grabbed the already prepared bottle and tried to see if that was what he wanted, but he took it out of his mouth and threw it across the room.

She grabbed a pacifier and walked out onto the balcony, trying to give herself and the baby fresh air.

"San I love you to death, but please stop crying,"Asami begged, but of course the baby didn't listen to her and only got louder.

She began to panic. If San continued to be this loud Kuvira would definitely wake up, then she would have to deal with a grumpy assassin and a crying baby. She slowly swayed and began to sing softly,

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

She looked down and saw that San was finally back asleep and was sucking on his pacifier. She walked back inside and laid back down, careful as to not disturb Pabu.

She decided to turn the TV on since she couldn't go back to sleep, choosing a slideshow with pictures of her with her brothers and Korra throughout the years.

"Aami?" a sleepy voice asked. Asami quickly hit pause and wiped her eyes so that he wouldn't see her crying.

"Yes?"

"Who?" San pointed at the screen.

It was paused on a picture from the sophomore dance. Korra was in a navy blue tuxedo and had her signature smile on. She had one arm wrapped around Asami, who was wearing a dark red dress and blushing furiously. Bolin was next to them and wearing a dark green and black tuxedo and smiling. He was annoying Mako who was wearing a blood red button up, one with a black bow tie, black vest, and dark red dress pants, and was trying not to smile. Wu was standing next to Mako in an outfit similar to Bolin's.

"That's me, Aunt Korra, Uncle Mako, Uncle Wu, and your dad," Asami told him, pointing to each of them as she said their names.

"Dada!" San exclaimed, pointing at himself then the screen then back again.

"Yes you do look like him. You're just a lot cuter," Asami smiled, messing up his hair. San smiled and laid back down.

"Where?" San asked.

"He'll come back home. We just don't know when," Asami pulled him into her lap and kissed the top of his forehead, hitting play on the TV.

Soon they fell asleep, Asami holding San with one arm and cuddling Pabu with the other.