Hopefully It Works

One Month Later

"That...doesn't prove...anything," Asami panted, collapsing onto the bed because she couldn't stand.

"Why don't you walk over here and say it to my face? Oh wait...." Korra still stood about ten feet away from the bed with a smug grin on her face.

They were with the others and somehow the conversation turned into an argument about who was the top in Korrasami's relationship. That and Korra wanted to give Asami birthday sex.

"Fuck off," Asami said.

"I'd rather fuck you," Korra climbed into bed next to her hand pulled the blanket over them both.

They both cuddled for a while in a comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company.

"Korra?"

"Sami?"

"Can I ask you something?" Asami asked.

"You just did, dumb ass. But fire away," Korra said.

"I uhhh....do you ever want to have kids?" Asami asked nervously.

Korra was silent for a while, and Asami was afraid that she had brought up the topic too soon.

"I mean, not now of course if you don't want to. I'm just asking, because you know, San is so cute and Opal and Bolin seem so happy with their little family, and I kind of want us to have that at some point," Asami tried to save herself. She knew that if they had kids she would be the one to carry since Korra was busy as Republic City's hero. Chief Beifong only contacted her when things got too serious, and other than her, Asami, everyone close to them, and the head Air Acolytes family no one knew.

"I was just thinking about something. I wouldn't mind having kids now, but are you sure that's what you want?" Korra looked into Asami's eyes.

"I'm sure. Why?" Asami looked right back.

"Well....I'm not sure if it would work but...I could get you pregnant," Korra said nervously.

"What? How? Isn't that impossible, unless you have a secret dick that I don't know about," Asami half joked.

"Well uhh....there's waterbending, and I can bend almost any liquid...." Korra said, trying not to have to say what she was hinting at.

"Continue," Asami said.

"And uhh....so I could bend some of my....you know what....with my DNA into you, and I'm not sure if it would actually work, but if you really want kids then I'll try," Korra looked down and blushed.

"I'm willing to try if you're willing to try, but I don't want to force you to have kids if you aren't ready yet. Are you sure you aren't only doing this for me?" Asami asked, grabbing one of her hands.

"Of course. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And if we have a kid together, then that's kind of like a symbol of our love. I definitely want this," Korra assured her.

"Okay then....do whatever you have to," Asami said.

"Hold still."

~~~~~

A few weeks later they both sat in the corner, trapped between the bathtub and bathroom counter.

Asami wore a pair of black short shorts and an oversized tshirt, while Korra was in her boxers and a tight tank top.

Asami had taken a pregnancy test, it had been a few weeks since Korra did the thing. It had been ten minutes since Asami used it so the results should be done by now.

"Okay....how about we look at it together?" Asami asked, standing up and pulling Korra with her while still looking away from the counter.

"Yeah...sounds like a plan," Korra grabbed the test as they both covered their eyes.

"On the count of three...." Asami said.

"Yuh."

"One. Two. Three!"

They both uncovered their eyes at the same time, looking at the test with wide eyes and at each other then back and forth.

"Oh my spirits. Oh my spirits! We're having a baby! You're having my baby!" Korra picked Asami up and spun her around, both of them laughing and crying years of joy.

"You wanna tell the others?" Asami asked.

Instead of replying, Korra put her down and ran out of their personal bathroom. She began to parade around the house, screaming,

'I'm gonna be a mother, I'm gonna be a mother!' In a sing-song voice.

Asami just shook her head and smiled at her girlfriend's excitement.

Eventually everyone else staying in the house was cheering and clapping, especially Kuvira.