Surprise

March 22

It was 2:00 am in the morning, and Asami knocked on the apartment door. She was wearing the sweatshirt Korra gave to her and holding a gift bag, taking a step back so that she wasn't so close to the door.

She heard the locks on the door being unlocked from the inside and took a nervous deep breath as the doorknob twisted.

The door opened and there stood Korra with her hair pulled back into a warrior's wolf tail in a pair of blue basketball shorts and a red hoodie with blue sleeves that said 'I'm an idiot' in bold letters across the chest, rubbing her eyes.

"It's two in the morning, what is the need for thi-" Korra stopped when she saw who was standing there. "Sami...? Um, come in."

Asami waited until the door was closed and locked then pulled Korra into a tight hug before kissing her hungrily, like she had been waiting for this moment her whole life.

After she pulled away Korra had a dopey look on her face like she was a child who just got handed tons of money, leading Asami into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"I know you said not to look for you and I promise after this I won't, so you don't have to move again. But after you left me a gift on my doorstep on my birthday, I couldn't let you be alone. So, happy 26th birthday!" Asami handed her the gift bag and Korra opened it cautiously.

Once she saw what was inside she starting grinning like an idiot. It was a dark blue leather bomber jacket with fur on the insides and around the collar, and on the front left there was the signature water tribe insignia with a black gear inside embroidered with white.

Asami knew she had always wanted a jacket like that, but no clothing lines had ever come up with the design Korra wanted. So Asami spent a few months designing and making the jacket by hand.

"Asami...oh my spirits this is the best gift ever!" Korra exclaimed, standing up and lifting Asami into a bone crushing hug. "I love you, I love you, I love you!" Korra spun Asami around and gave her thousands of little kisses all over her face, grinning like a child in a toy store.

"I love you too," Asami laughed.

After a few minutes Korra finally put Asami back down but still continued to smile.

"So, I know I told you to stay away, but I'm really glad you stopped by. Even if it only was for a little bit," Korra cuddled into Asami and turned on the TV before Asami sprawled her legs over Korra's lap and laid her head in her chest, Korra using one arm to hold her up.

"Yeah...about that. I was planning on staying with you the whole day. You don't deserve to be alone, and I won't make you see anyone but I do want to spend the day with you," Asami said, playing with the small wolf tail that was Korra's hair. The sides and back of her head were shaved, about an inch and a half long.

"Well I don't have a problem with that. And just take the damn hair tie out," Korra told her.

Asami smiled and took the hair tie out, watching as the hair fell to Korra's jaw. The front of her hair automatically fell into it's usual bangs, and Asami started to play with a few strands. After a little while she fell asleep, and Korra remained concentrated on the movie.

"Sami?" Korra asked. She waited a few minutes to see if Asami would answer. When she still didn't receive an answer she looked down and smiled. Asami had fallen asleep in her arms and was breathing softly.