Happy Birthday

January 22

Asami spent the whole day in the garage, despite Lu's wishes. Everyone kept trying to tell her to come home and relax, to take a day off, but Asami needed something, anything to keep her mind busy.

She was in the garage below Future Industries which was where she parked her car and modified, designed, or built other cars.

Right now she was trying to keep her mind off of.....she who shall not be named. Fuck, now she had to treat the love of her life like Voldemort.

She was sitting there making modifications to her car's engines, honestly, but she got carried away and didn't know what happened.

She found herself getting the blue car paint, covering the windows but not bothering with the seats.

After the car paint dried, she began to cut the leather off of the seats carefully, taking her time to make sure every stitch of the new brown leather was on properly so that it would stay there permanently.

Finally, she found herself changing the tires. She put the car on a special lift she designed and waited until it was about a foot in the air until she put on new tires rimmed with white. She made sure they were placed on properly and tight enough before heading home. It was already dark out, probably 9-10 pm.

She parked her new Korra themed car in her driveway before walking into the house tiredly and kicking her boots off.

She was home alone since Kuvira went to Opal's to help take care of San and Pabu. She sat down in the living room and turned on the television, going to Netflix and putting on Legends of Tomorrow.

She just sat there for a while, watching the TV with a numb and blank expression. She went upstairs, changed into pajamas, and grabbed two things before coming back down.

She put Korra's hoodie on and snuggled under the light blue sly bison blanket with Naga, who seemed to be the only one to understand her.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and she checked her phone. It was 10:30 at night on a Tuesday and no one was normally out this late.

Asami draped the blanket around her shoulders and got up and Naga followed, heading to the front door and opening it tiredly. There, on the front porch, was a bouquet of roses, a gift bag, and a box wrapped in wrapping paper. She stepped onto the porch and looked around but there was no sign of anyone close.

She picked the stuff up and sat down on the couch while opening the gifts.

Inside of the gift bag there was a teddy bear and boxes of her favorite candy. When she opened the box, she saw a blue pullover sweatshirt with red sleeves and a red hood. She unfolded it, and on the from there was 'I'm in love with an idiot' in bold letters across the chest, then under there was a gear with the water tribe symbol inside.

A piece of paper fell out of the large hoodie pocket and Asami picked it up and read it. It said,

I have a matching hoodie, it has the same design so that we can match, I'm so sorry I couldn't actually be there. But I like the car! It's very....snazzy.

Happy 27th Birthday,
      Korra