~ Chapter Seven ~

Peggy and I walk into the Colonel's tent with paper's in hand. "As a result, I must declare Captain Rogers.. Killed in action, period." He puts his hands on his hips and sighs. Peggy gives me a sympathetic side glance as I fight back the choke in my throat. 

"The last surveillance flight is back." Peggy speaks, "No sign of activity." 

"Go get a cup of coffee, Corporal." Colonel Phillips dissmisses the man. He sighs, "Can't touch Stark. He's rich and he's the Army's number one weapons contractor." He turns to face me. "You are neither one." 

"With respect, sir, I don't regret my actions. And I don't think Cpatain Rogers did either." I say. Peggy steps back looking through more files. "What makes you think I give a damn about your opinions?" He steps closer to me. "I took a chance with you Agent [your lastname]. And now America's golden boy and a lot of other good men are dead cause you had a crush." I shake my head.

"It wasn't that.. I had faith." 

"Well, I hope that's a big comfort to you when they shut this division down." 

"What the hell's going on out there?" The Colonel follows a crowd of mobbing soldiers, closely followed by Peggy and myself. 

And over those hill emrged all of the captured men. They walked or rode in tanks, some carried on stretchers still recovering from injury. And the one leading them all. The son of a bitch. Steve.. 

"Some of these men need medical attention." He says, approaching the Colonel. "I'd like to surrender myself for disiplinary action." He says with confidence. "That won't be neccessary." Colonel Phillips looks around at the rescued men as he speaks. "Yes, sir." Steve responds. 

"Faith, huh?" Colonel Phillips chimes in as he passes me. "You're late." I tell Steve. "i couldn't call my ride." He says, innocently holding up a broken transponder. 

"Hey! Let's hear is for Captain America!" Steve's friend, James, begins to cheer. People surrounding him patted him on the back and clapped but our eyes never broke their gaze. 

------------------------------------------------------------

"The fifth one was was here in poland, right near the Baltic." I stand by Peggy as Steve marks off the HYDRA bases he saw on a map while he was at Schmidt's lair. "And the sixth one was about.. here. 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line." He steps back and looks over the map as it is being taken away. "I just got a quick look." He shrugs. "Well, nobody's perfect." Peggy says, lifting herslef away from the table she was leaning on. 

Steve and I follow her to the big map. "These are the weapon factories we know about." Steve gestures to the map with marks that represent HYDRA. "Sergeant Barnes said that HYDRA shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." Steve tells Colonel Phillips. "Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every allied eyeball looking for thatmain HYDRA base." Colonel Phillips commands. "What about us?" Peggy asks. "We are gonna set a fire under Johann Schimidt's ass." He says, getting handed a folder. "What do you say Rogers? It's your map." He looks to Steve. "Do you think you can wipe HYDRA off it?" He begins dlipping through his file. 

"Yes, sir. I'll need a team." He responds. "We're already putting together the best men." Colonel Phillips looks up for a moment. 

"All due respect, sir, so am I."