Distress Call

A.N. Hey guys, Zap here. I am really sorry for taking so long, and I know this update isn't on schedule, and I also can't promise I'll be able to get anything out soon. Anyway, I hope you all like this chapter.

With that said, Zap out!

"I thank you all for coming here today," Silver says to the three ship-girls across the table form him.

It had been a week since the most recent attack and Javelin has been making a quick recovery. Unfortunately, not all is well.

"Now, I'm sure that you all know what the topic of discussion is, but I'll say it anyway," Silver continues, "We are here to address the tension between a certain Jaeger and Destroyer."

Sitting around the table in the dining room of the Jaegers' apartment, is Silver, Laffey, Ayanami, and Z23.

"Are we referring to the fact that Azure has been avoiding Javelin for the past week?" Z23 asks.

Silver nods, "Indeed. You three managed to find a way to keep Javelin busy?"

"Yes," Laffey says, "Javelin is with her sister ships."

"What about Azure, Silver?" Ayanami asks.

Silver stares off into the distance as a memory file plays withing his mind.

Flashback

Silver had spent most of the morning looking for Azure. He had gone as far as asking the "Royal Inner Circle" if they had seen the older Jaeger. They had not, though a Royal Navy battlecruiser by the name of HMS Repulse had.

"You're sure it was him?" Silver asks, "Blue hair, gold eyes, a sword strapped to his back?"

"Yeah, I saw him when I was on my morning run," Repulse answers.

"Where was he headed?"

"Gym three, near the dry docks."

"Thanks!"

A few minutes later found Silver in front of Gym three. As the younger Jaeger peeks his head through the door, though, he almost jumps when a punching bag flies halfway across the room. Azure himself soon comes into view, picks up the bag, throws it to the side, and walks off to presumably put up another bag.

Silver shudders, "Yeah, I think Azure will be busy for a while."

The three present members of the Starter Squad share a glance but not press the issue.

"Getting back onto the main discussion," Z23 says, "What is the problem specifically?"

"Well, from what I can gather, Azure is blaming himself for not being able to save Javelin," Silver explains.

"But, Azure did save Javelin," Laffey says.

Silver sighs, "Yeah, but Azure doesn't see it that way. Yes, he saved Javelin, but he wasn't able to keep her from getting hurt."