K-Day

0650 Military Time, Atlantic Ocean, Azur Lane Base

It is the day after Azure returned from killing the Kaiju. Despite it still being fairly early in the morning, the Jaeger can be found standing on a secluded cliff, that overlooks the bay, and practising his swordsmanship.

Silver Soul cuts through the air with ease as Azure goes through many different motions. He slashes and blocks as if fighting an imaginary opponent. Eventually he stops, holding Silver Soul out in front of him with both hands. Azure slowly lowers Silver Soul, holding it in his right hand, and turns to gaze out at the ocean. 

"I did not expect to find you here," a voice says from behind Azure.

The Jaeger whirls around,  Silver Soul raised, to face the person behind him. He lowers the katana upon seeing Prince of Wales standing there. Wales walks up to stand beside Azure.

"You're strikes have to much power behind them for that kind of blade," Prince of Wales comments.

"Noted," Azure replies, sheathing Silver Soul, "Though, you probably didn't approach me to talk about swordsmanship."

"You are correct," Prince of Wales admits, "As I'm sure you know, we have many questions for you."

"Apologies for not answering them yesterday," Azure says.

"It's quite alright," Prince of Wales assured, "I've fought long enough to notice the long term effects war has on a person."

"I assure you, I am functioning at optimal capacity," Azure replies, "Ask your questions, and I'll do my best to answer them."

"The way Z23, Laffey, and Ayanami described how you acted, coupled with your behavior during the briefing and after your return, indicate that you have prior experience with these creatures," Prince of Wales says, "Is that true?"

"Yes," Azure answers, "And they're called Kaiju."

"Noted," Prince of Wales says, "Next question, you had mentioned that you were built to fight these... Kaiju. Is it safe to assume that you have had previous encounters with, and have knowledge about, Kaiju?"

"Yes," Azure repeats, "Where I come from, it's impossible to not have some idea of what a Kaiju is."

"I feel as though there is more to tell."

 Azure nods. "The first time a Kaiju attacked, it hit San Francisco. By the time the military took it down, tens of thousands were dead and two more cities had been destroyed. Almost a year later, the next one came. Three months later, the third attacked. The fourth came three months after that," Azure explains, staring out at the ocean and lost in thought, "By then, the Jaeger program had been started and the Pan Pacific Defense Corps was established. After the first Jaegers were deployed, there was less loss of life."

"So, there are more of your kind?" Prince of Wales asks.

"Piloted Jaegers? Yes. There were many at some point. The last of those, Gipsy Danger, had its self-destruct function activated to seal the Breach, the portal at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and through which Kaiju invaded," Azure answers, "I on the other hand, am the first sentient Jaeger, and as far as I know, the last."

"I'm sorry," Prince of Wales apologises.

Azure looks down, his left hand resting on the pommel of Silver Soul. "It's fine," Azure says.

The Jaeger glances at the sun and, after a few calculations, determines that it is after 0700. "I should be going," Azure says, turning to leave, "Javelin usually wakes up around 0730, and I don't want her freaking out because she thinks I went missing."