Azur Lane

Azur Lane, Medical Ward, No One's POV

Enterprise stares incredulously at the boy laying on the medical berth before her, "Excuse me?"

"I died," Azure repeats.

"I heard you," Enterprise says, "but I don't understand what you mean. If you died, you wouldn't be here."

"That is something I cannot explain, for I do not understand it myself," Azure explains.

Enterprise sighs, "Alright then, let's try something else. What happened to you, and how did you end up inside that metal humanoid."

"I fought, I protected, I served my purpose," Azure says, "And that metal humanoid you refer to, is me."

"But, you're a human."

"I am a Jaeger," Azure states.

"And what is a Jaeger?" Enterprise asks.

"Jaegers are hunters."

"And what do you hunt?"

"Monsters. Kaiju."

Enterprise is silent for a moment, "Where do you come from?"

"Since you seem to have know knowledge of where I come from, giving you this information won't be harmful," Azure starts, "My construction was completed in the Alaska Shatterdome."

"Why would I have no knowledge of what you are and where you come from?" Enterprise inquires.

"You have no knowledge of Kaiju or Jaegers, which is impossible where I come from," Azure explains, "Logically, I seem to have been transported to this world and given a human form through unknown means."

"Just great," Enterprise sighs, "It appears that no one will be able to explain how you came to be. Moving on, you're situation seems quite similar to that of ship-girls."

"I am unfamiliar with that term."

"Of course you are," Enterprise mutters, before talking at a normal volume, "Ship-girls, like myself and the girls that rescued you, are warships that have been revived and given human form."

"I see the connection between you and I, but I don't understand how that helps."

"When a ship-girl is damaged, their ship mirrors that damage and vice versa. Your injuries are exactly the same as your Jaeger form."

"What are you proposing?" Azure asks.

"We are at war," Enterprise starts, "and we need all the help we can get. Say we repair you, will you help us?"

"Depends on who you're at war with."

"They call themselves Sirens. We don't know much, only that they're dangerous and hell bent on wiping out humanity."

"So, you'll fix me," Azure summarizes, "And in return, I help you protect humanity."

"Yes."

Azure is silent for a few minutes, internal processors going over the costs and benefits, "This is agreeable."

Enterprise allows herself a small smile, "Thank you for your cooperation. We will need help, though, with repairing you."

"Affirmative."

Enterprise nods and walks to the exit of the room. She stops for a moment, and opens the door while keeping to the side. The Starter Squad all fall to the floor in the doorway, one on top of the other with Javelin at the bottom of the pile.

Everything is silent for a moment, before the four destroyers scramble to their feet. Well, Javelin and Z23 do. Ayanami has to take a moment to haul a half asleep Laffey to her feet.