Britney/Brittany

A/N: Okay, so this is one of my favorite things I've ever written, but I'm gonna need a little bit of your imagination for it, okay? By the way, I'm putting the official video at the end so you can watch it and imagine Piper as the main character there - you'll understand once you read it, I promise lmao

"All right, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" Mr. Schue asked as he excitedly started their first lesson of the week.

"He discovered America." Brittany said as Piper frowned a bit at that.

"Close." Mr. Schue shook his head. "He did write an iconic chart topper: Sailing."

"Oh, I have a bad feeling about this lesson..." Piper said, as she crossed her arms over her chest causing Tina to nod from the chair in front of hers.

"Never heard of him, don't want to hear about him." She whispered.

"Now some people think of the term Easy Listening as a bad thing but I'm going to let this music speak for itself." The teacher continued, as usual, unaware of his students' unhappiness. "You guys love Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled, and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you."

As he spoke, Mr. Schue started to hand out some music sheet and, before Piper could even look at the scores in her hands, she heard a very confused Finn speak up.

"How could you get caught between the moon and New York City?" He asked, referring to the title of the song Mr. Schue had selected for them. "They're like a hundred miles apart."

Before anyone could say anything else, however, Kurt raised his hand.

"Mr. Shue? If I may." He asked, smiling when Mr. Schue gave him the word. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary, it's just that, as teens, this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members. The ardent demand: that this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School Glee Club performs a number by... Wait for it... Ms. Britney Spears."

At that, all the kids gasped in excitement, already imagining all the cool Britney numbers they could make. Mr. Schuester, however, didn't seem to be too on board with the idea.

"Sorry, Kurt..." He shook his head as the kids all stopped and turned to look at him, confused. "Kurt, sorry. No, no, no. I don't think she's a very good role model."

"But, Mr. Shue, we kind of grew up with her." Rachel said.

"She's literally why I wanted to become a performer." Tina agreed.

"I don't want to do Britney." Brittany spoke up, and, again, everyone turned to her, confused.

"Why no Britney, Brittany?" Kurt asked.

"Because my name is also Brittany Spears." Brittany said, as Piper frowned.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes asked, as Piper shrugged.

"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce." Brittany explained, causing Piper to shake her head at the girl as she rubbed her forehead in disbelief. "That makes me Brittany S. Pierce. Brittany Spierce. I've lived my entire life in Britney Spears' shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears."

At that, everyone gasped, silence taking over the club considering no one really knew what to do. Or say, for that matter. Taking this as his opportunity, however, Mr. Schue shrugged.