Blame it on the alcohol

Piper was standing beside Brittany as she sat atop of the washing machine in Rachel's basement. Beside her stood Mercedes and, nearby, Tina and Mike. Not one of them said anything, too bored to even think about something to talk about, but when Finn arrived with Kurt and Blaine, Piper smiled a bit, making her way toward the two boys.

"Welcome. Kurt. Blaine." Rachel greeted, while the small group downstairs. "I wasn't expecting you guys."

"Kurt's been blackmailing me ever since he saw my browser history." Finn explained quietly, as Piper and Mercedes walked over to Kurt and Blaine to greet them with hugs. "He kind of insisted on coming."

"I'm totally off the clock right now, Rachel." Blaine said, keeping an arm around Piper as the girl smiled. "I'm not a Warbler. I'm just Blaine. I'm not even wearing my uniform."

"Yeah, and you know what? I almost didn't recognize you." Piper joked as Blaine rolled his eyes at her.

"So, this is your dads' Oscar room." Kurt said, taking a look around the room.

"Yes." Rachel nodded, proudly. "They transformed our ordinary basement for our famous annual Oscar parties."

"Is that a stage?" Blaine asked, nodding in the direction of the small stage off to the back of the room.

"I kind of like to give impromptu performances for our neighbors sometimes." Rachel shrugged as if it was obvious. Well, knowing Rachel, it probably was.

Untangling herself from Blaine then, Piper started to make her way back to Brittany who welcomed her back with a smile and opened her legs a little bit so Piper could stand in between them. Quinn watched with a grimace as Piper smiled up at Brittany, placing her hands on Brittany's thighs and humming in content when her girlfriend leaned down to press a kiss to her lips. Looking away from them, Quinn sighed when she found Sam and Santana full on making out in another couch.

Well, that was about to be a very long night.

"Hey, girlfriend." Rachel smiled as she approached a very annoyed Quinn. "Having fun?"

"Yeah." The blonde responded rather emotionless. "Awesome party."

"Hum, okay." Rachel sighed then, watching as Quinn and Piper exchanged quiet, hurtful looks with one another. Turning back to Kurt and Blaine, Rachel smiled. "Let's, hum, let's go over the rules. Everybody gets two drink tickets to keep things from getting out of hand. We are serving wine coolers today. That is our specialty drink. It's actually all we have. Brittany! Remember the rules. No sitting on anything."

At that, Brittany pouted a bit, pushing Piper forward a bit, gently, to give her space to jump off the washing machine.

"Okay. Okay, everybody." Rachel smiled, raising one of her wine coolers in the air. "Cheers!"

At that, Brittany, Piper, Tina and Mike exchanged glances and nodding at each other, they decided to put their plan from earlier in action. Grabbing Brittany by the hand, Piper approached Rachel with a small smile.

"Great party, Rachel." She said. "We gotta run."

"Yeah, dinner reservations." Tina added.

"But we haven't even played celebrity yet." Rachel protested as Mike shrugged at her. "Why is everybody leaving?"

"Because this party blows." Puck answered her question.

"I haven't even had my first sip yet." Rachel whined. "How am I supposed to write Both Sides Now if I can't even throw a party?"

"Look, if you want everyone to stay you have to let me break in your dads' liquor cabinet." Puck said, trying to convince Rachel. "No one's gonna get buzzed off two wine coolers. I'll replace it before they get home."